Can't create new C++ project

After I click Create Project on the C++ tab, I get the following error:

The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?

Running D:/Epic Games/4.10/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe Shell1 Development Win64 -project="D:/DevWork/UE4_Projects/Shell1/Shell1.uproject" -rocket -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles -2015
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for Shell1Editor
  Running UnrealHeaderTool "D:/DevWork/UE4_Projects/Shell1/Shell1.uproject" "D:\DevWork\UE4_Projects\Shell1\Intermediate\Build\Win64\Shell1Editor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -rocket -installed
D:/Epic Games/4.10/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Classes/Components/InputComponent.h(1): Error: Missing 'class' in Class declaration
Error: Failed to generate code for Shell1Editor - error code: OtherCompilationError (5)
UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'Shell1Editor' (platform: Win64, module info: D:\DevWork\UE4_Projects\Shell1\Intermediate\Build\Win64\Shell1Editor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).

I had VS2013 installed already, but UE4 prompted me to install VS2015 before I could even create a project. After installing VS2015 I got the above error. I have already uninstalled VS2013 and VS2015, reinstalled VS2015 from the link next to the create project button and tried again with no change in the error. Not sure where I can go from here, please advise.

Figured it out. Apparently the option to install ‘Editor Symbols for Debugging’ isn’t actually optional if you want to create c++ projects (or launch some of the sample projects for that matter).

To Resolve:

1. Open Epic Games Launcher
  2. Click Unreal Engine
  3. Click Library
  4. Click / next to Unreal Engine
  5. Choose Options
  6. Check checkbox next to ‘Editor Symbols for Debugging’
  7. Weep bitterly as 7 GB of your SSD is eaten up