Can't control game after reset

Hi Guys,
my problem right now is that after resetting the current level I am on, I can’t control the game anymore.
The plan is to have a button with which to reset the current level, without resetting the timer/items/points of the levels prior to this one.

The BP below is what I’ve got after searching through the forum, but I’m not sure if this resets everything I want properly(team members haven’t implemented the points/items yet) and after I click the button I can’t move my character anymore.

So if anyone can help me with regaining the control of the game after resetting it, I would be very grateful.

And please excuse my horrendous english.

You’re probably going to have to look into your other blue prints in order to understand why you aren’t able to “Control” your character anymore. What exactly happens after you open the level again? Does everything else work except character movement?

Without knowing how your character player controller is initialized, it’s a little harder to understand where the problem is occurring.

For starters, is there a reason why you need to set ShowMouesCursor to true before opening the level?

Finally, try using Set Game Input Only and link to Get Player Controller and see if that helps.

1 Like

I am using the template top down blueprints. i changed nothing on them but opening the PauseMenu Widget when pressing P on the Character BluePrint

I watched dozens of tutorials for PauseMenus and half of them had the ShowMouseCurson active, so i thought i would use it too.

And thanks! It works now