Can't be able to open my project as it crashed after updated from 5.0.2 to 5.0.3

Whenever I open my project it gives crash issue.
I have tried to delete all folders except content and then it opens with default map and if I try to change Map or Game mode in the project settings, it again crashed with the same issue.
I have followed this steps on my end and it is working fine but it does not work on others system.

1. Please delete all folders from existing project folder except Content. (NOTE: Don’t delete it permanently).
  2. Then open the project normally.
  3. If it open successfully, It again create those folders.
  4. close the project and then again delete all folders like did in step 1 but permanently this time.
  5. Restore only the Config file from Recycle bin.
    then it work fine.
1 Like

Those folders created for the result of build. Unreal uses them in order to operate your game in many aspects. Could you provide the file under %ProjectFolder%/Saved/Logs when it is crashing ?

JetSoccer.log (156.3 KB)
Here it is

/Game/Action_Male_and_Female/JETSOCCER_Game/Male_animations/Shoot/Chip_straight_Anim

Remove this anim and try again ?

Here’s the new log file
JetSoccer (1).log (77.4 KB)
Same Issue has occured.

Try this out.

1 Like

I have added the line in the defaultEngine.ini but I am not sure what’s the meaning of rebuild the environment?
After that I changed in defaultengine.ini, I opened the project and still crashed with same error line

1 Like

You are saying same line but actually error changes in log file. Please try to read the file and understand the differences, based on that you can continue to your search.

Has this been resolved? I have the same exact issue, all my UE5 games that I have been working on (combined and custom projects) wont open after 5.0.3 update.

Yes, I have tried this post and it resolve my issue