Cannot Edit Offline After Last Update

Hey Team,
After the last UEFN update I have been unable to work on maps offline. Prior to this update I was able to start Epic in offline mode (after toggling the option in the Epic Games Launcher to be able to use my credentials) and then I could open UEFN and create maps in the editor and work on them offline, and then test them online later.

Now I am unable to launch UEFN without getting this backend error:
invalid

Why this feature is important to me, and those who live in developing countries/rural areas:

I live in an area with poor network coverage and this is actually a very impactful feature to my productivity. Without it I have to be in town to develop anything, whereas before I could perform quite a bit of development work and then test and bugfix later. For a lot of aspects such as map design and using default devices this provided me a great way to sit down and implement new ideas I had on the fly.
If you really are trying to make verse accessible this is an important feature to keep working for those who may not always have access to reliable power/internet.

Would really appreciate an update here, as I’d like to know if this is something you’ll be restoring - or if offline access isn’t something that I should hope to rely on in the future?

Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here: Fortnite Creative

1 Like

Pinging @jay_villanueva because this is a great feature and workflow that was indeed removed, forgot to report myself. This will allow us to create in areas where network is unstable or non existent (like an airplane, or a place with outages).

From my personal experience, one of my greatest games was created with Project Spark when my ISP took a month to fix my connection, so I was offline for a month (and even though PS needs a connection to publish, it didnt need one to test)

1 Like

Was out of the country for a while but just able to send the report in.
I haven’t been able to develop for 2 months because of this, so any updates on whether or not this will be coming back would be great.