Cannot change Private Version of an Ongoing playtest in Creator Portal

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Creator Portal

Summary

So my partner and I have been working on a Fortnite Island for a while now and we are nearing publishing. We have used private playtests to help us test individual parts and components, but now that we are ready for players to really get in and playtest we suddenly can no longer change the playtest version to our new private versions.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Login to Creator Portal on an Team Member’s Epic Account that has either Owner or Administrator Permissions
  2. On the left-hand side bar of the Creator Portal, click the “Selected Team” dropdown and select our team.
  3. On the left-hand side bar of the Creator Portal, Click “Projects”. On the Projects page, select our project. This takes us to the Publishing page for the project.
  4. From the “Public Releases” tab of the Publishing Page, Navigate to the “Playtests” tab. Observe that our Playtest is Active for our project.
  5. Click the “Switch Versions” button and click the “Select Private Version” dropdown.

Expected Result

Every private version shows up in non-greyed out form and clicking one will set it as the Selected Private Version, Enabling the “Update Playtest” button. Pressing the button updates the playtest to the selected private version.

Observed Result

Every private version is greyed out and it is impossible to select any private version for the playtest. As a result, it is impossible to change the private version, and the “Update Playtest” button remains inactive.

Platform(s)

All Platforms

Island Code

1817-7714-8822

Additional Notes

We were supposed to be hosting our first ever public playtest today. I was trying to switch the playtest to the final version for playtesting and now can’t. Any help and urgency is greatly appreciated. Both my partner and I (Owner and Administrator on the team, respectively) have tried to set the private version this way. We both have the same issue. We have both tried new browsers, logging out, clearing cache, logging out and back in. Nothing seems to resolve the issue.

I had issues connecting to the playtest at 4:00 (it tried to connect for about 15 min then timed out) and I got an error message relating to the “Content Server”.

I tried matchmaking again and suddenly I was able to join the game. At roughly the same time, the Private Version update for the Playtest started working. So this issue is resolved. Thank you to whichever IT person or automated system finally got that straightend out.

TLDR: Short Term Platform Issue. Appears to be Resolved.