Can You Edit Child Widget Variables From Parent Widget Detail View

Using Unreal 5.1,

Hey There Lets Say I Have Two Widgets, Widget A & Widget B, Widget A has Text Block WIth Visible Anywhere like so:

UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere, Category = Title, meta = (BindWidget))
	class UTextBlock* OutputTextBlock;

Widget A is then add to widget B from the UMG editor. When clicking on Widget A Inside of Widget B you can see all of the “OutputTextBlock” Appearance Category Stuff but you can’t edit it as it’s Only VisibleAnywhere. My Question Is: Is there a way where I can edit all those Parameters via the details pannel of Widget B? I really don’t want to have to program my own way of allowing that so if there is that would be great and if not then I best get to work.

Below Is Image Detail View

[UE4.27 ref]
In the child Widget > click Variable > did you?:

Then in Parent widget, I added the child (seen in pic), and I can change Child’s var values from within Parent’s window.

Sorry for the late reply After lots of searching it seems like what I was looking for was not fully possible so I hade to make my own little work around

So if anyone else stumbles upon this I could not Find a built is solution to my problem for 5.1 so I programmed my own. Good luck on your adventures

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.