Can you convert a Procedural Foliage InstancedFoliageActor into just static mesh instances? UE4-27

Hi there, I’m using a custom lighting engine and I’m using a scene made with the Procedural Foliage Volumes. Unfortunately I don’t have the lighting options I want on this kind of actor and want to convert all my trees to static meshes. Using “Convert Actor to Static Mesh” does get all the meshes, but puts them all at the origin in the mesh it creates. I haven’t been able to find any posts on this topic yet, so any help would be really appreciated!

Hey Tomos,have you found a solution?

Manually loop over the foliage actor/collection and place Instanced Static Mesh components -
Or just straight up meshes - using the same transform.

Its not that hard to do as a bluetility script, but it may hang the system or even crash the engine if you loop over very large procedural foliage lists.

What you can also do - which is probably way better - is to loop over the procedural foliage and generate a CSV of the transform.
You then feed that CSV into anything else (like an external DCC) and import the scene…