Can the Scene capture 2d render motion blur?

I’m having to use a Scene Capture 2d as the “main camera” for the player. It renders using the Final Color (LDR) for the capture source.

I cannot get motion blur to work. Only the actual game camera can see motion blur when I press F8 and navigate to the same location as the player. I can get other effects to work like ambient occlusion, but motion blur just doesn’t want to work.

This is more of a “does this feature exist or am I just wasting my time” question. If it doesn’t have support, I will just drop it and make the game without motion blur as I have no other choice.

(Note: for those wondering why anyone would use a scene capture component for the gameplay, think 2 player split screen, or a fixed game screen ratio with black bars filling in the empty areas like on a TV screen.)

1 Like

How do I go about doing that though? I can’t find much information on UE4’s rendering pipeline let alone what ‘final color (LDR)’ or ‘scene color (HDR)’ even are, or where in the pipeline they are rendered.

I’m using all render targets from my scene capture components in a material which is displayed on a quad mesh and viewed by the actual game camera.

What do I gotta do?

yes it does support it,
capture after the post process

! got it to work. I had to add MotionBlur as a show flag and set it to true. I’m guessing the reason it isn’t enabled by default is because Scene Capture is mainly used for insignificant renderings like on a camera feed prop, and motion blur is too expensive for that.

Quite a shame they don’t have a more intuitive process for enabling/disabling post processing effects. I thought it was already enabled by setting Motion Blur Amount to something larger than 0.0 under Post Process Volume → Rendering Features. Very unintuitive.