CAN’T LAUNCH SESSION - Published version of my project doesn't let me launch session with a verse error

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Verse

Summary

After update 31.00, which modified the HUD Message Device by adding the Hide(Agent: agent) function, our old code using .Hide was reported as erroneous on all our published versions (including private versions) of our project, so we can’t launch a session or upgrade the public version of the island to an earlier version to correct the bug.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Publish island before update 31.00 with verse : hud_message_device.Hide function

2. Wait for the uptade 31.00
  3. Launch project from latest sync
  4. Found verse error upon opening the project : Script error 3502: Referencing an overloaded function without immediately calling it is not yet implemented; Fortnite.com.Devices.hud_message_device.Hide or Fortnite.com.Devices.hud_message_device.Hide
  5. Fix verse code error
  6. Build verse code successfully
  7. Launch session

Expected Result

Launch the session with succes and no verse error

Observed Result

Validation Failed
Verse error even though it was build succesfully :Script error 3502: Referencing an overloaded function without immediately calling it is not yet implemented; Fortnite.com.Devices.hud_message_device.Hide or Fortnite.com.Devices.hud_message_device.Hide

Platform(s)

PC

Additional Notes

Normally we cannot publish an version of the island with an error on the code verse but when we published the version of the island there was no error, it was the update 31.00 that cause the error to appear, so there is an error on the published version of the code verse and we can’t modify this file we can only modify our local file on the revision control
, when we launch the session the uefn detect the error on the published version so it fails the validation

I’ve made exactly the same mistake as you,
no session means no update!

Epic Games really needs to react as soon as possible, otherwise our maps will die a slow death…

@sonictke Please, we really need your help!

FORT-780485 incident has been created. Status is ‘Unconfirmed’.

Hey folks:

I understand the frustration - I can at least confirm that this is an issue on our end for which there is currently no workaround available. We are actively working on a solution, but that’s all the information I can give at this time.

2 Likes

having the same exact issue!

If it helps, here’s what happens when I try to downgrade my public project version :

@sonictke

hi @BazidomJr

Persistent data can be changed as in post
Verse Persistence incompatible without editing the verse file that contains it

@Jimbohalo10 It worked!
But when I want to publish the update, I still have the same persistent data problem…