Can Not Join Session

Hello ^^

i made a session system from following tutorials, i use “Advanced Sessions Plugin”
My Unreal Engine version is 5.3, When i can create and find sessions, and i can create a session and join to it in the same computer (even without lan server), but i packaged the project and sent it to my friend, i can see their session and they can see mine but when “Join Session” pressed i get this on output log:
LogNet: Initial Connect Diagnostics: Sent '9' packets in last '10.010836' seconds, no packets received yet.

i am providing some screenshots of the blueprints and output log, thanks for any help :heart:

This is for creating the session

This is for finding the session

This is for joining the session
JoinSession
And this is the output log when i press join

Check:

• Is session valid?
  • Are you in the session before you joining one?
  • Is port 7777 open on both sides?

i can confirm session is valid, i am not in a session while trying to join to another session and in main menu, we tested port 7777, the game seems game tries to use it but even when the session is created tho port is not open.

I think avanced session is outdate… possible it does not work in UE5.3

Online Subsystem

Use the Online Subsystem for any title shipping in the near future, or when you do not plan to incorporate any engine upgrades beyond UE 5.1 into the project.

Well i switched to Built-in Online Subsystem, i can not see the created session from a different network unless i use Radmin VPN, however join session still does not work

Today everyone have problems with advanced sessions…

Read this post… maybe help you (I really don´t know)… but definitely he knows more than me about advanced session.

Do you use Advanced Sessions or Advanced Steam Sessions?

i am using Advanced Sessions, Not the Steam one.

Well, all I can recommend is to add ports to windows brandmauer and check your ports on your modem.

Hey there,

I had the same problem with UE 5.3.2 and using following configuration in DefaultEngine.ini
resolved session joining issue:
[OnlineSubsystemEOS]
bUseSessionPresenceAttribute=True

2 Likes

thanks for the possible solution i will try it out once i get a free time to work on the project again!

1 Like

Did you ever fix this issue? I’m having the same problem joining sessions listed via RADMIN. It works fine in-editor