Can I use Marketplace Paragon assets (especially Greystone) for wallpapers/artwork of my game?

Hi,

I am developing a game using Paragon assets. I am wondering if these models can be used for artwork of my game such as loading screens and wallpapers.

Yes, that’s why they’re on the marketplace. What you can’t do is use any of the original Paragon names of characters, places, concepts etc.

Can someone from Epic Games please reply?

No. Paragon stuff is marked as UE-Only Content and thus can not be used outside of Unreal Engine, read UE EULA

UE EULA
1.A.a
Non-Engine Products - You may Distribute Non-Engine Products to any third party. “Non-Engine Product” means a Product made using the Licensed Technology that does not include any Engine Code or any Paid Content Distributed in uncooked source format (in each case, including as modified by you under the License) and does not require any Engine Code (including as modified by you under the License) to run. For example, and subject to the foregoing, you may freely Distribute non-interactive linear media products (e.g., broadcast or streamed video files, cartoons, movies, or images) rendered using the Engine Code, and asset files (other than UE-Only Content) developed or used with the Engine Code, including in products that use or rely on other video game engines. For clarity, this section does not constitute a license under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise.

This means that UE-Only Content is not permitted to be distributed as Non-Engine Products
All paragon asseets are marked as UE-Only Content

So you’ll need a special permission from Epic, otherwise you’ll be violating the license

This was not the case for last couple of years.
When in doubt, ask a lawyer for a legal advice.
It’s not as expensive as making a legal mistake and having this out of your mind is totally worth it.

Per the EULA you can in fact use UE-Only Content in a product (your game) that requires the engine code to operate (loading screens require the engine code to operate). If it’s marketing material; a video, a movie, a cartoon, or an image (or some wallpaper) then it needs to be rendered using the Engine Code.