Can I use a Switch Pro Controller in Fortnite Creative on Windows 11?

… and if I can, how? There is a similar discussion at How to use nintendo Switch Pro Controller - #3 by SupportiveEntity but the discussion was never completed. So far I have been able to pair the controller with bluetooth quite simply, but I none of the buttons do anything in Creative.

Hey there @brmaster20! Welcome to the community! Basically Unreal itself doesn’t have controller support for controllers that’d be handled under their own licensed product aside from native Xinput without a separate plugin. Most users end up using a wrapper for personal use in cases like this.

By a wrapper, do you mean something like x360ce? If so, is there anything I can read about it to set it up?
When you talk about Xinput, do you mean a device like an XBox controller rather than a Switch controller?

Yes, x360ce is a great somewhat older wrapper. Xinput is the input driver format for Xbox controllers of all types, Dinput is an older standard and is used for most generic controllers. Wrappers basically emulate Xinput for Dinput devices.

I couldn’t find a resource with a step by step tutorial, but the idea is roughly the same. Download the correct architecture version in this case 64 bit. Place the software in the same folder as the exe file that will be running, target it inside of x360ce. Then launch the engine and give it a try.

This thread goes over it a bit:

For Fortnite Creative, is the executable in c:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64? I’ve put the w360ce.exe there and added all the exe’s that I can see to it.

In Windows I can use the controller to navigate, for example, settings, but if I start x360ce then Fortnite, I can’t use any controller buttons in Fortnite. I do not that when setting up x360ce, I had a yellow warning under issues which prompted me to download something (drivers?), but that then hung so I was forced to reboot. Am I missing a setting in Fortnite and UEFN?