Can I use 2 different Sky Lights in a level?

Hello everyone, I have this doubt :

I’m creating a big level with a landscape and a building. I first created them in separated levels and now I’m merging them. They have its own PostProcess volumes, SkyLights, Directional Lights, etc.
I know I can keep different PostPro volumes for each zone but the problem comes when I have two different SkyLights. Is there any way for keeping both of them? If I delete one, the other ambient gets destroyed completely and viceversa.

I’m still merging my levels so I can try another method of joining both landscape and building together.

Any ideas or tips? If it helps I can put some screenshots of the settings here.

Thanks in advance!

For large levels best practice is to use level streaming were you can share common assets from level to level instead of merging them.

I did a primer for our 3rd party guys that might answer a few questions.

Based on your need a good set up would be to take all of your lighting elements and put them all into a level with out actors or landscape.

To put it together as a single environment you could create a blank scene as the persistent level and then add each level as a loaded scene and then jump between levels using the level manager.

a benefit using loaded level streaming is you can then work each level on it’s own, or someone else can work on it, and continue to add light a post process effects to the master lighting level.

I see, so Level streaming is the correct way to go, it makes sense. In fact I’ll only play the level inside the building, I have the landscape just for having a view for the outside -a very detailed one- so I can have the building as the persistant level and then landscape as the loaded one. I hope it’s not too difficult to make or to understand!

Would the official information work for this example? World Composition in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

Sure level streaming can be used for a lot of different things and reasons besides loading and unloading large worlds. The kite demo as well as the new Showdown demo both have good examples of level streaming that’s not just about level streaming. :wink:

In general though calling it level streaming is a bit miss leading as by design it’s similar to referencing features in most high end 3d applications. In 3ds Max for example it’s called x-referencing used mostly for any project under some form of source control that would lock out any changes that could be made if the entire project was contained with in a singe file. By referencing to individual files, as you have done, it possible to have hundreds of people working on the same environment at the same time and having files locked out at check out is not as much a problem as it would be with a single set up.

If anything Level streaming creates more options even if it’s not used to create large environments.