Can I get the next trust level?

I’ve been on these forums for two years, was wondering how to get the next trust level.

1 Like

Greetings @anonymous_user_f27400311! Upon joining the UE Forums, you should’ve received a message from “discobot” titled “Greetings!” That message explains what trust levels are and how to achieve higher levels. I’ll link the relevant blog post here.

Site doesn’t work because of a glitch in my internet security. Can’t find message either. Would you mind copying and pasting it?

Sure thing, since you already have trust level 1, I will paste the relevant information for acquiring trust level two!

Trust Level 2 – Member

Members keep coming back to your community over a series of weeks; they have not only read but actively participated long and consistently enough to be trusted with full citizenship.

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

The list above may have been tweaked a little bit since its creation in 2018. I will have to reach out to staff to get specifics if that is the case.

2 Likes

That’s stupid, I’ve done a LOT more than all that yet I don’t have it. Is there not a bot that handles this? I thought that was the case

1 Like

Greetings @anonymous_user_f27400311; after further investigation into this particular matter, it appears that your account’s trust level was manually augmented as a disciplinary action. Your trust level was then raised back to level 1 in November. With this in mind, as long as you don’t have any further disciplinary actions taken against you, your trust level should reach level 2 sooner rather than later.

Ah. I think i know why that happened. I got spam reported and shut down for a couple of days. That probably took my privileges away. Of course.

No worries, if you continue the clean track record as you have been doing, you will see the level 2 trust benefits in no time! Also, Happy New Year! :tada:

1 Like

I passed all @discobot tutorials but still didn;t get new level

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@Zezkaii what are requirements for getting 1 level?

1 Like

Greetings @drew767; upon looking at your profile, it appears you have already acquired the first trust level (Basic). To reach trust level 2, you will need to do the following.

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

You can see how to achieve higher trust levels via the official blog post here.

4 Likes

Oh yeah and if you ever got spam reported by a bot so you were demoted, and someone mannually put you in the next level, you have have to wait another 6 months to get the next trust level.

1 Like

So this is why I suddenly has no way to change my profile picture. Now it all makes sense. I am a bit puzzled about this since I have been a member since 2014 and have plenty of posts and interactions from then to now. I would really like to be given Trust level 2 for my long time loyalty and use of the engine. A bit sad about this new approach. Alas, perhaps this is the only way to keep nasty spammers etc. away.

I don’t think I have that level and I am pretty sure I should qualify…

Hey, @Shockwave-X769. Upon looking at your account; It appears you do have trust level one. I would imagine that this hasn’t increased due to forum account activity. While you’ve been an avid user and interacting across the rest of the ecosystem, unfortunately, trust levels only increase based on the forum rather than ecosystem activity.

Upon reaching the next trust level, you should be able to change your forum avatar.

Thank you for your continued support of the ecosystem and the Engine. It’s great to have you as part of the community! :smiley:

@SkyeEden
Is level one (basic user) all that should be required to download various project files? I have that but I am still unable to reach them, i.e. Inside Unreal: A Guided Tour of Gameplay Abilities

Any advice to give?

Hey @Kuro1n. :slight_smile:

That is right; trust level one should be all that is required to access the project file links. We’ve noticed folks haven’t been able to access these despite the appropriate trust levels, so we’re looking into another workflow that will allow people to download and tinker with them.
This will take some time to arrange, though, but we are working towards that goal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@SkyeEden alright thanks. Any ETA on when this would be available? Would very much appreciate a ping when it is.

I want to get notified as well, I’m looking to get the project files of “A Guided tour around Gameplay Ability System”. I think some potential explanation is that my account is older than the introduction of the Discobot thing? So I never got through the steps of “getting trust level 1”