Can I create a setting for the in-game reflection method

hello I want to set a reflection method setting for my game, but I don’t know how to do it. Is there a way to do this? I couldn’t find any information about it. I’d be happy if you could help

Console comand

r.ReflectionMethod

0 = off
1 = Lumen
2 = SSR
3 = RT

I mean it’s not in the editor. A setting that I can change in-game when I get a build.

Yes

You’ll need to save their choice in the save game, and run it next time they start the game

1 Like

It worked! thank you.

1 Like

Do you have any idea how I can make this work with a combo box string?

I don’t think it would be very user friendly with a combo box. The player doesn’t need to see console commands, just arrows ( or something ). Quality up / down.

In fact, all the settings in the widget are in the form of arrows as you said. But I don’t know how to make the reflection setting work like this, and there is no information or tutorials about it on the Internet

Ah, ok :slight_smile:

How about

okey it worked. You really know how to do it. How did you learn all this?

1 Like

Trial and error, asking questions, watching endless youtube vids, etc…

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you think it is possible to apply what we do to this part? I’m sorry I’m taking your time, I hope you can understand

I don’t think it’s something you can put in the config file ( could be wrong ), so that wouldn’t work. You have to use the save game.

1 Like

Thanks again, without you I would probably be lost in the depths of the internet. I’m still surprised that there are no tutorials about it, maybe I’ve searched for the wrong sentences.I hope this topic helps other people as well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

I was looking into this a bit further, turns out there is direct relationship between console and commands and the ini files. See the ‘specific categories’ part of

So

But, good to have the save game method as a back up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there @Ozangunduz,

This topic has been moved from International to Rendering.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Thanks and happy developing!