Calling RPC inside UInterface not working

Hi,

I’m trying to create different interfaces for various interactions like Interaction_Dialog (player can talk to any character that inherits this interface), Interaction_PickUp (player can pick up any object that inherits this interface) etc.

Here is how the .h file looks like for dialog interface

UINTERFACE(MinimalAPI)
class UInteraction_Dialog : public UInterface
{
	GENERATED_BODY()
};

class ABaseCharacter;
class ASelloutCharacter;

class PROJECTSELLOUT_API IInteraction_Dialog
{
	GENERATED_BODY()

// Add interface functions to this class. This is the class that will be inherited to implement this interface.
private:
protected:
public:
	UFUNCTION(BlueprintNativeEvent, BlueprintCallable, Category = "Interactable|Dialog")
	void OnDialogInitiated(ASelloutCharacter* DialogInitiatedBy, ABaseCharacter* DialogInitiatedTo);
	virtual void OnDialogInitiated_Implementation(ASelloutCharacter* DialogInitiatedBy, ABaseCharacter* DialogInitiatedTo);

UFUNCTION(Client, Reliable, Category = "Interactable|Dialog")
	virtual void Client_OnDialogInitiated(ASelloutCharacter* DialogInitiatedBy, ABaseCharacter* DialogInitiatedTo);
	virtual void Client_OnDialogInitiated_Implementation(ASelloutCharacter* DialogInitiatedBy, ABaseCharacter* DialogInitiatedTo);
};

The NPC character inherits IInteraction_Dialog and the NPC character is replicated.

OnDialogInitiated is triggered in server and server checks conditions and then tell client to do its things.
But the Client_OnDialogInitiated RPC is never called on client and its called in server as if its a normal function.

Since a character that is replicated is inheriting the interface I assumed that RPCs should work. Does RPCs don’t work while calling inside Interface? Do I have to make this into UActorComponent?

I really wanted to avoid using UActorComponent as it comes with lots of virtual inherited functions that I don’t need and wasting CPU cycles on them.

I also didn’t want to create functions inside character and then calling them from the UInterface because I wanted these Interfaces to be self contained.

Thanks.