Caffeine - A Caffeine Infused Sci-Fi Horror Game (UE4 Trailer + IndieGoGo)

Too bad it didn’t succeed with Indiegogo! We had an indiegogo campaign too… but indiegogo is just a bad place for game projects. Kickstarter is just too big, and a much better place, if you ask me. Looking forward to see more here! :slight_smile:

Thanks fr the kind words, yeh Indiegogo is a little small :stuck_out_tongue:
Development continues!

It looks fantastic, good job.
Are you making this with just blueprints by chance?

Thanks! ,
Yes I am :slight_smile:

Hey Guys!,
We just got a new Sound Designer, Jonathan Wachoru of Outlast fame, check out a quick little trailer focusing purely on some of his sound :slight_smile:
watch?v=DQFPnVbhKBo

wow, makes a huge difference. I’ve been following this for a while and I can’t wait for release. Really good job.

Been a while since the last update, we just showed at AVCon 2015, it was fun and I just released the demo we showed which heavily features the new sound design! www.incandescentimaging.net/2015/07/22/caffeine-avcon-2015-demo/
Enjoy!

Pls stop doing jumpscares. Its like the easiest thing in the horrorbranch. Remove em all…

The Trailer actually looks good… until that jumpscare O.o u need some heavy explaining for this.

Haha yeh, there is only one jumpscare in the demo, most of the horror I am aiming for is atmospheric, the feedback we got over AVCon was great especially with the new sound design we have. :slight_smile:

I’d say leave a couple but I hate telling people what to do with their game. Is the newest version on Steam?

The new demo is now up on Steam :slight_smile:
Also some new gameplay
watch?v=LwhaR24pSlA

That demo was way better :3
But why does that pump only get half of the water out?? Thats kinda odd XD

Looks amazing man. Also love the sticky note for the alarm :smiley:

Releasing the first Episode on Monday! :slight_smile:

That’s ! I’ve been following this for a long time. Can’t wait to see it!

Really cool little trailer!

I love the lighting and geometry you use in the level design. I downloaded a demo a few weeks ago and wasn’t really even “playing” the game, more so just admiring the work :smiley:
I’m not sure if I got the latest demo or not though as it was a few weeks ago.

If you don’t mind me asking. What kind of lighting set up do you use? Any form of GI used? Are the lights mostly dynamic, or stationary? It kind of looks like the lighting was stationary and baked in some areas, and in others, dynamic lights were used.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to Episode one release, and I wish you the best of success in your game :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, yeh sure I am not using dynamic Gi for episode one, all lights are dynamic (distance field shadows) and fake gi is provided with reflection captures with r.diffusefromcaptures enabled.