C++ TargetArmLength member inaccessible

I started a new C++ third person project in Unreal Engine 4 and so looking at the cpp file, I noticed that I am getting red squiggly lines on some of the members I have on the starter project.

I am able to build the project so I know it’s OK. I just want to know if this is normal in C++ (Unreal development). I am a C# developer and I am new to C++ development and I get a little worried whenever I see red squiggly lines in my code.

With the recent engine update, they probably made this member variable private. When you type out FollowCamera-> wait for intellisence to kick in and display the available members/functions. Begin typing something like armlength, or setarmlength, and you should find a setter function or comparable function to access this functionality.

Sorry I can’t give you a specific function name, I can’t access the code right now.

Wait so are you saying they forgot to update their cpp templates?

I can’t speak to templates generated in the new version, but since 4.12 they laid the groundwork for a lot of changes that would produce compiler warnings, such as this one, in preparation for 4.13.

Here’s a good thread on a lot of those changes:

and the newest thread:

1 Like

guys read above, wonderful tip for looking at changed members in the new API