C++ code never updated

Hi everyone,

I have a really annoying error with UE4,

Actually the HotReload is not working on any PC of my company.

I hit “Compile” from the editor ? Compile successful but still executing the older version of the code.
Hit “Generate” from VS ? Compile successful in the editor but still using the older version.
Hit “Generate” from VS WITHOUT the project opened ? 1 Succeded but when I reopen the project, it still use the older version of the code.

The only way to refrsh the code is by opening the editor in debug from VS in EVERY PC of the company which cause a HUGE waste of time.

Does anyone had this error ?

Best regards everyone,

Alexandre

Something fails in hot reload, delete all dll you see in binary forder of your project, specially once with 4 numbers in name, don’t open editor open sln file and then hit rebuild.

Might be a good idea to make a .bat file or other script to do that for you if this is a frequent issue.

Well has a HotFix, I decided to include the Binaries folder into SVN ^^

But I’m currently working on my own PlayerCameraManager and maybe there is still a reference to it and it failed to refresh the DLLs.

Ok so now there is something wrong with the DLL itself. Sometimes I commit my work and on specific computers. One of the modules can’t be loaded and they still have to rebuild the Binaries.

Using SVN, is there a specific workflow for C++ versionning ? Because on my PC and several others it works and on others can’t even launch the project (msg : “CustomModule could not be loaded, an operating error…”).