C++ classes/folders not showing up in new project UE5.3.2

As the title says, I have downloaded latest version of unreal 5.3.2 from epic game launcher. I have created a blank c++ game. images attached below

yes show c++ is checked too image attached below

visual studio

I don’t know what to do, i have deleted and created project again but nothing works.

Hey @nightmare_unreal!

If you create a new C++ class, does that not show up in your content browser as well?

Any additional info you provide may go a long way in solving your problem!

Nope, even creating new class it does not show up but compilation works fine using visual studio. I am using visual studio 2022 , i did checked destop app , game dev support and .net sdk during installation too. i am using windows 10

Hey @nightmare_unreal

Hmm, that’s odd. I assume there is no change if you enable plugin and engine content visibility right? Have you tried verifying your 5.3 files?

You have no files in your project yet. What are you expecting to see? All you have are your target files and the main game module file (which is just the module that holds the game name). None of them will show up in the c++ part of the editor.

Create a class that is at least based on a UObject (the lowest you can go in the hierarchy). Only then will it show up.

Create a new c++ class via the editor and then recompile your project.

2 Likes

Hey @nightmare_unreal!

Checking in! Were you able to see your files after doing what @3dRaven described?

Add any class to project.