Button mashing gamepad issue

Hey there! I’m a having a weird issue with a button mashing mechanic (pressing repeatedly a button until reaching a treshhold). On small maps it works fine, but as soon as I play in a big map the input detection starts failing on gamepad (on keyboard it still works fine). Between 25 to 75% of inputs pressed on gamepad are lost, making the button mashing a lot more difficult than it should be. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Additional info: The controller is an Xbox one controller, and the same issue has happened on build and in different machines with different controllers. It can happen in editor or in shipping build, and the unreal version we’re using is 4.27.2

this could help as it allows the processing of raw input but no clue if it works, you seriously have such a high input rate that it surpasses the inputs? Are you binding the gamepad as Axis Mappings or Action Mappings

1 Like

Hey thanks! I’ll try implementing it later (I took a look at it and I’d need to refactor a couple things before testing it). I’ll update once I’m able to test it properly!
And answering your question, the problematic input is mapped as Action

you could also potentially try to make button presses as Axis input and check if it is over 0 on the axis amount

something like this I guess but it may literally be the exact same as the Action mapping but ey could be worth a shot

1 Like

Update on the issue: I set up the enhanced input plugin, tested again and… the issue just gets worse. The button mashing becomes even harder on gamepad, and now happens also in keyboard. I’ll have to discard this as a possible solution, but thank you for the suggestion. The plugin seems very useful and flexible, but regarding my issue it’s of no use. I’ll keep digging on the problem and post and update if I find anything else!