Any pipeline or build engineers figured out a way to compile UE5 against the UE4 clang tool chain?
My use case is pretty specific. I have a nVidia Jetson TX2 board embedded in my hardware that I cant change out. The latest version of Ubuntu it supports is 18.04.06. That version of Ubuntu doesnt natively have glibc 2.28, its a previous version of the GNU C Library. Works fine for UE4.27, but UE5 requires the modern versions of that library. As per the reference Linux Development Requirements for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.7 Documentation | Epic Developer Community
My problem is the same project also gets deployed to Windows on a modern desktop platform. I would like to move them both to UE5 so I can leverage some of the new Unreal tools on the windows hardware without having to maintain divergent codebases.
I can use preprocessor defines to handle engine version and platform, but it gets ugly pretty quick when trying to manage a common codebase for situations like the depreccation of PhysX for Chaos. I know its a long shot, but if anybody has figured it out I thought I’d ask our awesome community.
Godspeed Developers,
ZeroParadigm