Building Lighting Stuck at 0%

Hi, I’m having an annoying problem that I can’t seem to get past. The lighting in UE4 simply won’t build.
I’m relatively new to UE4 so it’s probably just some optimization setting that I don’t no about but I can’t find help anywhere.

When I attempt to build preview lighting, it looks like it’s working only I can come back later and it’s still at 0% built. This is at PREVIEW setting and it has gotten nowhere. I have a medium sized map with trees and grasses as well as some other static meshes. My computer isn’t great but it shouldn’t be this terrible. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
Thanks in advance.

My current project takes 4 hours to build the lighting… sometimes it’s slow to start. I think sometimes it’s better to use dynamic lighting when your scene contains lot of foliage. Maybe you don’t have enough ram to bake all that lighting information from the foliage.

From what I’ve seen from watching Swarm the ‘Building Progress’ Has to do w/the lightmaps yet if you have a lot of indirect light it has a lot of startup work before it gets to the lightmaps so it may take it a few until it starts working on the % that the editor shows you.

I found the problem, I was using extremely high poly trees. When I swapped to my own low poly ones the build time is more reasonable and it actually makes it past 0%. Thanks for the input though. :slight_smile: