Bug when respawning using Verse

Reference ID

26c521a5-4bae-7584-8457-c9abfcc83b83

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Verse

Summary

(InAgent:agent).Respawn<native><public>(RespawnPosition:vector3, RespawnRotation:rotation)<transacts>:void

The player’s collision detection was removed in the island settings, but when the player is spawned using this API, the player’s collision detection will be restored.

Steps to Reproduce

Turn off collision detection in island settings

Respawn the player in-game using the following API
(InAgent:agent).Respawn(RespawnPosition:vector3, RespawnRotation:rotation):void

Expected Result

Players will be respawned with their collision detection turned off.

Observed Result

Players will be respawned with their collision detection turned on.

Platform(s)

windows

1 Like

Honestly, seems like a decent feature.

This bug caused a huge traffic jam for players due to collision detection in Athletic.
Have you encountered any bugs like this?

You can go ahead and try the new respawn method on player spawners, they intended to fix it that way apparently

:grimacing:

Ah mb, well it still exists through DEB, so a trigger would work I guess

Chef was trying it and I don’t think it was working for him. I don’t know what he was using as a trigger for it, but the Player Spawner documentation wasn’t updated nor is there an example of how to use this anywhere. I’d like to call this out as a place epic can do better. Honestly why even put it in an update if no one knows how to use it? You really have to think about it this way. If you’re not going to do it right, don’t do it at all.

Might seem critical but am I wrong when I say that this was a waste of time otherwise? I’m just being real if you can’t take the time to do somethin correct then why do it at all when you could use that time to contribute to doing something else.

All we got so far is a bunch of people probably failing to figure out how to apply this, and confused users. I would call this net negative.

1 Like

I can confirm that it works on the device. Thank you.
I haven’t touched Verse yet because UEFN is crashing and I can’t open it.

1 Like

I’ve been playing Fortnite for a long time now, and I used to think that figuring out how to use it myself was normal.
Now that we’re on UEFN, it’s so much more complicated, it’s hard to keep up with the learning curve.
I’ll just have to learn.

Good to know that the device associations work.
Ty for the update :pray:
Also TY Lama for the knowledge :raised_hands:

1 Like