if you click on asset in 3d viewport by accident, the outliner shows you the asset. and now i can scroll up 10000 items to find my directional light.
- Undo to reselect the light?
- Make temporary Outliner filter by writing the name of the asset you are looking for into Search bar
- Use folders to keep Outliner tidy.
- Use shift+click on the little arrow before folder/levelName icon (Outliner) to close/open all sub-folders recursively.
- Sort assests into several files and load them as sub-levels (Window/Levels). You can lock each sub-level to prevent its content from being selected (lock icon)
If you hav folders, and click by accident in the viewport on a mesh they all get opened to their maximum and then you got a mess ;D