[Bug] Subscribe instead of Start-Button

Thanks for your patience ReqPro! We’re digging deeper, it’s almost certainly a problem on our end somewhere, I’ll respond once we know more.

Hi, I’m having same problem. It goes straight into launcher with no update and then says Syncing account…After a while it says Download error, retry? then Please Wait…and then Download error, retry? Here’s my log…

Also tried all fixes released as well as increasing HTTP timeouts etc. in defaultengine.ini

Hi, please find attached my log file. I have tried all of suggested work arounds listed here.

link text

Thank you, I’m having same problem except yellow subscribe button isn’t there… download fails whole time

I’ve tried everything as well…

Hi Carlos,
Just out of curiosity I tried installing launcher on my desktop PC as well. I get same problem on my desktop (yellow subscribe button). Just wanted to make sure that is was not a hardware issue.

Thanks that seems to have fixed it.

Hi again . I can see from your logs that you are still suffering from download timeouts. retry button on QFE2 appears when manifest for unreal engine could not be downloaded. It’s a 6.5MB file. It says that it timed out after 186 seconds. Are all your timeout values in DefaultEngine.ini higher than that?

Hey Swifty! :slight_smile: Yes their set to 720, 2000 and 2000 respectively. I’ll try and download it somewhere with a good internet connection. I’m currently having slow speeds/internet problems at my home :frowning:

I also have same issue. Nothing so far helped.

Here is log:
link text

Hi ReqPro, could you try -CPLABEL=QFE2 instructions one more time? We made a change to your account that should get your working again, in combination with timeout increases. From my end I can see entitled builds, so it should be progress at very least :slight_smile:

If for some reason this doesn’t work out, could you post logs again?

Thanks for hanging in there!

This new executable has fixed Subscribe button issue, but I still can’t download engine. I always get “Download error. Retry?” message all time.

It works!

Thank you, guys, so very much! You are truly Epic! :smiley:

Hi theonebutcher and iniside, looks like you’re both having a similar issue to ReqPro. We’ll look into it and get back to you soon, thanks for your patience!

Hi iniside, could you increase log details and post another log? I believe we have a fix if it’s same issue that ReqPro was seeing.

Instructions for increasing log level are:

Add following to your launcher’s defaultengine.ini:

[Core.Log]
    LogHttp=log
    LogOnline=verbose

You can find DefaultEngine.ini in “Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Programs\NoRedist\UnrealEngineLauncher\Config”

Go ahead and try -CPLABEL=QFE2 fix posted in this thread as well when you increase logging. Your account should be working with that QFE2 build, with any luck. If not, logs will help us investigate further. Thanks!

Hi theonebutcher, can you try -CPLABEL=QFE2 build again? We have made a fix to your account, and it appears to be working correctly now from my end. Sorry for trouble!

Hi thanks. Yes I already tried QFE2 fix, but it didn’t help.
I’m pretty sure I should have been subscriber as I downloaded sources from github and compiled engine my self. Though it would be nice to have some sample content now :wink:

link text

Great Success! its downloading as I type this, thanks so much for all help! if I have anymore issues I will post them in here. Thanks again Carlos!