[Bug] Subscribe instead of Start-Button

Still not working… 2 days ago that fix was promised? :expressionless:

I am having same issue here. I have tried aforementioned fixes with no success. I am still just getting subscribe button, when I click on subscribe button it asks me to enter payment information.

I have tried restarting launcher and my machine multiple times.

I have spoken to Billing and accounts and they have assured me however that I do have a subscription.

same problem here

Hi, this is really starting to annoy me too

This does not work for me either, I have got launcher to update using command argument. And I have made .ini file change. I still however have yellow subscribe button.

Not to nag, but this is starting to feel bad… Any words on a fix?

Thanks for your patience! Leigh Swift (Swifty) has a fix that should allow failing chunks to properly get retried if they timeout, along with a couple of other important fixes. We’re trying to build a new QFE for you guys to try in next few hours.

One thing you can try now which should unblock you is following:

Download: https://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/UnrealEngineLauncherQFE-FromCL2030636. and replace executable in your “Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64” folder.

You will still need to pass in “-CPLabel=QFE” in commandline shortcut.

Thanks, I had a problem with update being stuck at 80% but this helped me to go directly into launcher BUT then it kept saying syncing your account and then download error, retry?..now it says Please Wait… whole time?

Unfortunately this solves nothing for me - I’ve tried both adding parameter on release version of launcher and targetted hotfix - no go :frowning:
I’m still getting that cursed Subscribe button and launcher doesn’t download/install engine. Billing has confirmed I have proper permissions and I can download source from Github, but there are massive collaboration issues when working on a homebuilt UE4 vs other teammembers running on public build.

Ok, we now have a more comprehensive set of fixes. It’s still a QFE unfortunately, but it should fix most of issues with stuck downloads. To ge fixes you’ll need to do following:

1. Download new QFE executable from here:
    http://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/UnrealEngineLauncher-QFE-FromCL2031728.
  2. Replace executable in "Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64" with executable in file.
  3. Change your Unreal Engine shortcut to add “-CPLabel=QFE2” (important, replace any other CPLabel command line you’ve added).

You should then be good to go with this QFE version. fixes revolved around various issues with connectivity problems which among other things included:

• Properly retrying a self-update chunk when one failed.
  • Adding manual retry capability to Install button in Launcher.

Please let us know if there are any issues with this. Thanks again for your patience!

Hi ReqPro, sorry you’re still having issues. Can you try instructions on very last answer in this thread (sorry it’s all way at bottom). If you’re still having issues, can you post version number listed on bottom left hand corner of launcher, and your log?

latest QFE (from this thread) is working for me. I’d recommend else to try that one as well. And thanks for all support!

It worked… I think…It just went straight into launcher with no update? Now it says syncing your account and after a while download error, retry? Is this because of slow download speeds or is it a bug?

Hi Carlos,

I’ve now tried new QFE from bottom of thread and setting shortcut to pass in -CPLabel=QFE2… No update when launching launcher, I log in, it syncs account for about a second and then subscribe button again, which is behaviour I’ve gotten all along - so this unfortunately didn’t work for me, either :frowning:
Maybe I should clarify that launcher never start trying to download engine and that download issue isn’t what I’m experiencing, because I’m never getting that far.

Oops completely forgot version number and log - here they are!

Version 1.0.0-2031728
Here’s latest log: link text

Hi Carlos,

I am having exactly same issue as ReqPro above. None of fixes released address my issue. I can log in and it updates if I use -CPLabel argument however engine never starts to download and I can only see Subscribe button.

Thanks ReqPro, sorry you’re still seeing that issue. You’re definitely on right version, looking through your log it seems like it’s not showing any entitled builds for your account. Can you increase log level by adding following to your launcher’s defaultengine.ini and repost your log:

[Core.Log]
LogHttp=log
LogOnline=verbose

Hi Carlos!

Thanks for looking deeper into this. It sounds really strange that I shouldn’t have any entitled builds on my account. I’ve had numerous conversations on mail with accounts and billing department who have confirmed that my account should have proper permissions.

Here’s new log : link text

Hmm, apologies, can you try increasing your log level as mentioned above and posting last log?

You can find DefaultEngine.ini in “Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Programs\NoRedist\UnrealEngineLauncher\Config” and your logs in: “C:\Users\YOUR_USER\appdata\local\UnrealEngineLauncher\Saved\Logs”. Thanks!

Yeah that is because of slow download speeds, you will still need timeout values you used in thread with Swifty yesterday. Most of time launcher is downloading <1MB chunks, but in this instance it’s downloading editor manifest which is about 8MB.