[Bug] Subscribe instead of Start-Button

Or what is left over from yesterday’s launch toast :wink:

1 Like

Hehe yep. And 10 glasses ready and waiting :slight_smile:

So mine has completely downloaded now, it was just a matter of closing and restarting installer 30 times.

Your posts are there, I can clearly see them. You just have to click small + sign on last comment to see all comments.

[Edited this answer to include new QFE details]

Hey, thanks for your patience! If you’re still seeing this issue, please try following:

On Windows:

On Mac:

• Launch .app bundle in Terminal
    with “open … -args -CPLabel=QFE2”,
    with “…” being your .app bundle
    location.

• portal will self update to new version, and then restart. After
    restart, please shutdown launcher
    before it selfupdates again, and run
    with same commandline as step 1.

You’ll know you’re on proper version when your version number is 1.0.0-2031728+++depot+UE4-LauncherReleases in bottom left-hand corner of Launcher.

With our
fix for this bug you should see a
“retry” link in place of “Subscribe”
button, and it will allow you to try
again until you’re successful.

Note that this is a targeted hotfix for now and as soon as we
release this to public you should
remove “-CPLabel=QFE2” from your
commandline. Please subscribe to
this thread and we’ll update it when
it’s time to remove it.

Thanks for fix! I can’t approve it, as bug is not occuring anymore/at moment, but I hope you helped some poor souls out there :wink: Feedback would be great, if this is indeed working for you guys! good luck :slight_smile:

I tried adding “-CPLabel=QFE” but it always get stuck at 80%,
Have attached image.

ue_error.png

also you can launch editor via binaries folder in your installation. just wont be able to access any online content i don’t think.

Its now working “Without updating”. reason it was not syncing earlier was because of some stray request timeouts on network.
I didn’t try updating launcher there after so can not comment on issue I was facing. ( unreal engine is crashing on launch, but that’s other issue)

I had same problem, stuck at 80%. So i decided to uninstall launcher, sadly it seems to also delete unreal engine with it (it’s kinda loic but i wish i though about it first)…
Now i have launcher installed again and it’s trying to sinc forever and show me subscribe button again. So now i have a broken launcher and i will probably need to redownload 7GB :confused:

Here is log :

[2014.03.21-14.37.31:844][ 0]LogHttp: InternetStatusCallbackWinInet request=000000000AC0D200 AsyncResult.dwError: 00002EE2.
[2014.03.21-14.37.31:844][ 0]LogHttp: Finished request 000000000AC0D200. no response url=http://download.epicgames.com/Builds/Rocket/Automated/ShooterGame/CloudDir/ShooterGame_4.04.0.1-2027551+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.0-Windows.manifest elapsed=193.013
[2014.03.21-14.37.31:844][ 0]FCommunityPortalOSS::OnUserEntitlementsComplete PendingManifests=1

So i can’t get manifest, but i with fix i was stuck at 80% and i restarted many times already

During my last attempt all manifests concerning stuff in market place are fine just one about UE4 doesn’t download. I did succeed to download it directly from address :
http://download.epicgames.com/Builds/Rocket/Automated/Engine/CloudDir/UE_4.04.0.1-2027741+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.0-Windows.manifest

So i got it on my computer just to see if i could, i suppose there is no way to trick launcher into taking mine on local ?

Well actually i made it work by tricking it with host file and using my local server to redirect it on my file. It’s now downloading 7gb, it can be a small fix for moment… Hope it will be resolve though

Hi Elzean, hmm… It sounds like you’re having troubles downloading some of larger files ( unrealed windows manifest is about 7MB and looked like it timed out after 3 minutes). If you try “-CPLabel=QFE” commandilne, it should resolve after a bit even if you see it stuck at 80%. Can you post your UnrealEngineLauncher log file? Thanks!

Edit : talk to fast, i get download appearing but it stay at zero anyway so well i guess i will just wait :confused:

log file

Here is one while being stuck at 80%

after waiting a while a 80% then it say that it couldn’t download patch data and ask me to try again later

I removed “-CPLabel=QFE” and changed my host file again to redirect download of manifest locally. Then i see launcher try to download UE4, it’s not working cause it’s still redirecting. I edit my host file to remove redirection, i need to wait or restart my connection and it finally start downloading. Well i’m at 2%, just regret i uninstalled it… speed jump between 0 to 600kb/s I hope there will be another solution, may be you could manifest > download > unzip within launcher, size is 1.3mo zipped. But i should be able to DL 7Mo anyway.

Hi Ezlean, that sounds suspiciously like this post: Can't Download [Patch Data Error] - Getting Started & Setup - Epic Developer Community Forums

Can you try what was suggested there, edit your defaultengine.ini file (same place you increased logging to verbose) and add following:

[HTTP] 
HttpConnectionTimeout=120 
HttpReceiveTimeout=200 
HttpSendTimeout=200

See if that works for you?

I tried but it didnt seems to change anything. I still see subscribe button and can’t download :confused:

Not working :expressionless: