Bug: Reflection Capture Blending Broken in UE5 - Not using lumen

Hi, I’ve found that box and spherical reflection capture probes do not work correctly in UE5.

You can place and generate them, but objects can only be affected by one of the probes, and there is no falloff or blending on objects in the radius of multiple.

So each placed probe will either fully affect an object, or not affect it at all.

And no soft transitions of smaller probes affecting objects within their radius.

Cheers!

Hey, any update on this?

Hi, just to bump this. As its still an issue - Also, If anyone has a work around please let me know! Thanks :slight_smile:

Updating to say that this seems to be linked to the forward shading mode - is this expected behaviour?

1 Like

Okay, once I knew it was forward shading causing the issue it all makes sense - and the documentation had the answer.

By default, only the nearest reflection capture will be applied without parallax correction unless the material opts-in to High Quality Reflections

Flagging that on and suddenly it all works as expected - Hopefully this thread will help someone else out.

5 Likes