[BUG] New ViewPort size increases by (2x8) every time you press play

The New Editor Window (PIE) ViewPort size increases by (2x8) every time you press play, NOT just the first time.

To replicate:

1. Go to Editor Preferences → Game ViewPort Settings → New ViewPort Resolution
  2. Note the ViewPort width and height
  3. Press Play → New Editor Window (PIE)
  4. Close the PIE window
  5. Repeat Step 1 & 2

Repeat this as many times as you want it will increase by (2x8) every time.

2 Likes

Hello,

We’ve made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

Thanks

This is still an issue in UE 5.0.

Update: I’ve found a workaround: In the settings, check the “Always center first viewport window to screen”:

… This seems to stop the window resizing behavior.

3 Likes

I am not affected by this. Is this occurring from a completely blank project?

Yes, just tested it in a fresh 5.0 project:

1. Play in New Editor Window (PIE)
  2. Each time you play, the window will grow slightly larger

It’s more visible when you quickly play/end play many times and e.g. observe the bottom of the window.

1 Like

Can confirm this bug is still happening, but it only appears to happen on my laptop and not my desktop computer. My laptop is a 4K display and my computer uses x4 1080p monitors. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

Quoted this reply to say it worked for me as well. Centering the first viewport on center fixes the issue of the window increasing it’s size by 2x8 everytime it closes.

Additional viewports are never affected by this bug.

2 Likes

Interesting, so that’s probably why some people are not affected by this, maybe it depends on the resolution. I’m on 3440x1440, so it’s also different than 1080p.

1 Like

Looks like this bug is happening if you have Scale set to something other than 100% in your Display settings.

My laptop has it set to 150% by default.

1 Like

I had the same problem, after using web in my project, the standalone window was forced to be 1707 * 1607(2560/1.5 * 1600/1.5) when double-clicking full screen mode. My screen resolution was 2560 by 1600 and the scale was 150%. After I set the scale to 100%, everything was back to normal.

1 Like

I am having this problem while Windows 11 screen scale is %150 in UE 5.3.2.

Still a thing today. It’s so annoying…