Problem: When I exit my packaged game through SteamVR’s overlay, the game doesn’t actually quit, forcing me to take off my headset and do it manually. This wasn’t an issue in 4.12
In 4.13 I noticed that UE4 no longer closes when SteamVR closes. I think this fix may also be what’s causing the packaged game not to quit when requested by SteamVR.
Anyone having similar issues?
I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of any settings that may be involved with this issue?
Yes I can
This is for + SteamVR
- Create a clean 4.13 VR Template project
- Set ‘Open in VR’ in general project settings (not nesesary if you run the game with -vr command line option)
- Package a shipping build
- Open the shipping build (make sure SteamVR was already running, otherwise it wont open in VR mode)
- Press the menu button to open the SteamVR overlay
- Select Exit game
- Look at computer screen - see that UE4 has crashed
If you were to upload this game to steam, you won’t see a UE4 game has crashed message, but instead SteamVR will wig out until you manually close the broken game.
- Shouldn’t be needed
I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report and I have submitted to the developers for further consideration. I have also provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the provided link for future updates.
Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-35940)
Make it a great day