BP UMG Menu System 4.7 /w network

Did you open two instances? When you run from the editor strange things happen. But if you run 2 instances from editor, the main editor window is the ‘server’ you must host from there, and join from the other. If you run from editor and have it open new windows, one will say server on the window bar, the other client, so you must host from the server window. This is a known running from editor bug (according to someone from Epic that told me). Let me know the situation so I can help get it worked out.

it works
yes i can just join from the main server
i try run dedicated server it has same issue
any way you made awesome work
il try to package youre project and try it with 2 laptops i have
(tomorrow)
and whats the deference between (load map failure) error and (Error joining session)

Btw, if anyone experience both editor and standalone “not responding” problem, just open all levels and wait for shaders to compile. Because i got that problem for the first 4 times i tried and ended up forcing ue4 to close from task manager.

I don’t know if their ‘dedicated server’ works or not in editor…

load map failure, I am guessing is an error loading a level (map). The joining session error is when you try to connect to a host and it get’s an error.

i couldn’t make it . my other laptop has 32bit
any way i suggest to u make the destroy event to remove from parent instead of set visibility
when i see youre work its impressive i cant make it my self so thank you so much for sharing
. can u make a textbox to add IP host
so we can find each other through internet
and i have info for that twitch that the project will come in 4.8
so couple of months they will release sort of tutorial

I originally did remove from parent. But considering it is just a couple widgets, I thought it more efficient to simply hide and show them as needed, rather than recreating them all the time.

i think for professional perspective you should remove it because it always play while they alive
it cost some process and Ram and graphic ram
and as u sayed its simple widget to they can recreating fast :slight_smile:

No, Epic has said that a hidden object does not provide tick’s by default now.

wow thats cool

u maybe interest in this thread
i have issues with it but youre pro and awesome and can take it

u can take a look at the UMG Networks

hii, i’m new here and i really say thank for your project, i understood so much things; but i have just a little problem, i can’t find that variable http://prntscr.com/6dlrh0

that is a reference to the MM_Main widget.

So after playing with this project a bit I’ve found that unless I clone the project or run it from your project I can’t host a session. It tries to host and has a network error any time I migrate these assets into a c++ project.

Is this something that needs to be set through project settings or anything like that?

I’ve set the game instance to your blueprint instance and ensured that I’m hosting the game from the server(aka the viewport window).

Thank you for taking the time to put this project together, it works great in your build now I want my build to work!

EDIT: I actually figured this out last night after a bit of playing with cloning and migrating. Thanks for the project it’s much appreciated

@arbopa check the new learn thread (multyplayer shootout)

Very impressive work - looks like it’ll be useful and time saving, and good for a quick study of how it works too.

Sorry guys, but i have another problem; i tried to use the structure of this project, inside my little project.

1- This is the level blueprint http://prntscr.com/6f9lh8

2- This is the Game Istance blueprint http://prntscr.com/6f9lyt

but this is the result http://prntscr.com/6f9mo5

Event Begin Play don’t read or find MainMenu_BP, who can help me?

I have never migrated to c++, so not sure about that one, haven’t even learned how to do that yet.

I can not tell based on those screen shots.

what you need to know?

I found the solution to my issues through a lot of cloning and migrating. I found the easiest way to get this menu system working with a c++ project to be cloning this project, then adding a class through the editor and rebuilding the project.

This allows you to migrate your source over to the new cloned project without much issue in terms of how the game instance and all that is set up. I also took time to test hosting games basically after anything I did to ensure nothing broke.

After I had a vs project I simply added my source and migrated my content into the new cloned project and everything works fine. (apart from hosting a game off a client that’s not set up to be the listen server. From initial tests with a packaged version of the project it seems that unless you connect one instance of the game up to another via console you wont be able to host games.)

So you are talking about using the UMG menus in a project that is created as a C++ project? Seems strange anything would need to be different for such a project.

Not sure I understand the last part about ‘via console’…

ok problem solved arbopa