Box Fight Round Settings with event binding

Hi everyone, I’m new here, but I have been playing Battle Royale for years now. I’m also new to creative, I’ve had these ideas for maps but cannot get them to work. I’ve watched countless videos on youtube, but the majority are outdated (pre-event binding). I’m 23 and think I’m normally smart but cannot figure this out. I’ve been trying for 3 months and really don’t want to stop playing, but I don’t know what else to do. I’ve commented on YouTuber’s posts and emailed Fortnite themselves but got nowhere.

My idea is:

10 rounds, 10 different box fights (weapons, size, location, box design, etc.)

I already have it all built, I’ve got the player spawners the first Teleporters, the triggers, the round settings, the mutator, and barrier zones. And the majority of it works, but I cannot get it to correctly switch to which round I want it to. I don’t know if it’s something wrong with the settings or if my island is too full. I’ve already deleted 3 rounds I wanted on there to clear up cell memory. All my devices are named correctly and from what I understand they’re enabling and disabling from the right devices.

Someone please please help. I can type a full in-depth list of all of the devices I have set up and their functions/events.

Here are some photos of my map so you can get a better idea:

start with 1st round, post a pic of settings used.

These are my settings for Round 1:

Item Granter:
(I would like to use Team settings and inventory but I couldn’t get the guns to switch from each round)

I had it all organized, but i’m a new user so it won’t let me put multiple photos in.

Round Settings:

Round Settings (2):

Round Settings (3):

Player Spawner (1)

(These are all for level 1 i’m just trying to organize the photos)

Player Spawner (2):

Player Spawner (3):

Teleporter (1):

Instead of an item granter, as a better alternative to Teams Settings, is the Class Designer Device, that lets you keep items between rounds, and you can have one for each different loadout required. Switching players between them is fairly easily.

I am trying to get a sequence of 5 minigames rounds in 1 game working, so I recon our game mechanics would be similar, I’m learning as well, I know a little bit but have to nut the rest out. Bare with me…

1 Like

I got pregame and rounds working in sequence and changing to their round spawnpads, I need to change it a bit cause the spawning is a bit dodgy and only goes to the proper pad on respawning, but I need an end round event to fix that.

Are you going for round ending based on eliminations or time ?

I have not used teleport but spawnpad switching with rounds devices so far, is this an issue ? If I can’t get spawn change working properly this way I will switch to teleport system.

have also incorporated class designers.

Sorry, it literally wouldn’t let me post for 23 hours because I have a new account and posted too many times, still trying to figure this Dev Community out.

Yes, I had the Class Designer at first because I was following an old JackJackHD YouTube video, but I didn’t know if I should still use it because Creative had stopped using Classes.
But I added them back, placed them , and named them. I have not adjusted any settings on them yet.

I’m going to see if it will let me upload some of my level 2 settings photos. Currently, only Level 1 and Level 2 have devices. Each box does have a Barrier Plate already set up for the actual box barrier for the entire round. Round 1 and 2 have Player Spawner Barrier Plates / Mutator Zones.

What settings do you have for the spawn pads?
Enable when receiving from: Round settings > on round start?

I have round ending for eliminations, i’ve just been putting a gun I can die from and start the next round. I played around with the Round Ending device but ended up deleting it because I didn’t want to mess anything up.

I appreciate your help!

Yeah I like classes, they are powerful, I was going to incorporate classes into the spawnpads but then I thought maybe I need more than 1 class in a round.

Basically got the pregame spawn as only Island Start, with a priority group of number of rounds + 1 (my case 5 rounds so I set it to 6).

Yes each spawn is tied to enable from its own round manager on round start,
round 1 spawns set to priority group 5
round 2 spawns set to priority group 4
etc

I’ll start with a tracker to trigger round ends after elimination count reached and activate next spawn set, see if that works smoother in area transition.

Round ending device will end the game/round, but doesn’t send out a trigger event.

1 Like

Okay, i’ll try this tomorrow,

So if I have 10 rounds, I set
Round 1 player spawns to priority group 10
Round 2 player spawns to priority group 9
Round 3 player spawns to priority group 8
etc?

Pre-game spawn to Island start and no priority group?

Pregame - Priority 11 and Island Start

see how that goes

and I’ll let you know about the tracker thing which I want to use instead of round manager to switch spawns.

Okay gotcha, thank you!

Your guns are switching over fine and everything?