Blur sprites when check For distribution

Hello, I’m writing here because despite all the research I’ve done, I couldn’t find any solutions on the internet. So, I’m turning to you to see if someone might have an answer or has encountered this issue before. Let me explain:

I’ve been working on a 2D pixel art game project in UE5.1.1 for a few months now, and it’s supposed to be released on mobile. During development, everything was fine; I applied the proper paper2D texture settings to all my images and converted them into sprites. I created tilemaps, disabled motion blur, and took care of everything, and it was working perfectly! There were no issues throughout the entire development process. When I exported the game, I made sure to build everything during the export in development mode, and it worked flawlessly.

However, now that I wanted to export it to the play store, I checked the ‘for distribution’ option and exported it in shipping mode, and suddenly, everything is blurry! This has never happened before, and whether it’s on the phone or in the mobile device preview of UE5, everything appears blurry, whereas it was perfect until now.

I’ve searched everywhere, but I can’t find anything related to this issue. Pixel art being blurry is usually due to people not applying the 2D settings correctly, but I can’t find anything about my specific problem.

If anyone has an idea, that would be great!

PS: I have attached images of the ‘for distribution’ version (the blurry one) and the ‘shipping’ version.

Thanks in advance.

Check these three settings and share what you have them set as:

1. Texture Compression Settings: You can find these settings in the Details panel, you’ll find the Compression section.

2. Texture Scaling: You can find the texture scaling factor in the Material Editor.

3. Sprite Compression and Scaling: compression settings are in the Sprite Editor. For scaling, you can find this in the viewport, or the pixels per unit setting in the Sprite Editor.

The screen resolution may simply need to match the aspect ratio and resolution of your pixel assets, if you use piskel and view the popup you see see a similar effect and same goes for pixel art posted to reddit when being previewed.