Blueprints in UEFN

Does anybody know how I can attach spline points to a static mesh in UEFN?

I had done a Blueprint in UE5 which I imported to UEFN but it refused to validate.

Right now I’m using landscape splines but they are awful to manage as you would if you had a BP.

The BP allowed more control. whats the workaround?

Hello there @StxngrayFN!

Unfortunately, Blueprints are not available in UEFN, that’s why it’s refusing to validate. If possible, I would suggest saving the generated spline from your BP as a static mesh, which can be exported as a .FBX file, then imported into UEFN.

As for any equivalent, the closest thing you have inside UEFN, is using the Spline Tool in Landscape mode:

When I export using 2020 and 2016 FBX compatibility, UEFN gives “there was nothing to import” error

The mesh/Blueprint was selected and i only exported selected object.

hello @brs-sebascova, apparently saving the blueprint as fbx doesn’t work? Isnt there really a way to make our own custom splines with custom meshes?

Hello again!

I think there’s a step missing, as exporting the BP itself won’t be possible. Following your setup, the spline is generated by the BP, but they will only exist as a product of said BP.

The idea is to turn that spline into real geometry. To do that, you can convertbake/merge it into a static mesh asset. Select all your spline mesh actors, go to Actor > Merge actors, and save the whole spline as a static mesh.

That is the asset to be exported as .fbx, then sent to UEFN. If the mesh doesn’t look exactly as it was intended in spline form, you can send the file to Blender, edit it accordingly, save it, and send that to UEFN.

And as mentioned in the previous post, you can try experimenting with the landscape spline tool inside UEFN directly. The results will be limited, but it should allow you to create the splines directly in engine.