Blueprint To C++ Conversion Plugin

This year I found out a way to convert blueprints to C++ in a way that is readable (unlike the built-in blueprint nativization)!! This project is currently a prototype and a lot more work will be needed before it releases, but it is possible. Since there is a lot of work involved with this project I would like the community to let me know which blueprint classes and blueprint nodes they use the most so that I can prioritize my work. If someone else has already commented a suggested function or blueprint class please heart that comment instead of adding a new comment, as to make it easier for me. I will be updating this post and showcasing my work after 2022 ends so that I can enjoy the holidays. I hope this helps the whole community!

7 Likes

Here is the prototype so far! (Sorry for the slow compile times)

This is the very beginning, so the blueprint creation side is a bit slower than normal blueprints, but this will change when I move some of the other logic is moved to C++. I can’t work on the project full time currently, but I will continue to update and improve my work. Also, if anyone knows if it is better to put the values of a variable in the constructor or in the header please let me know.