Blueprint Node-Spawn Shortcuts partially stopped working for my new projects - Help!

Hey Guys!

I am new to UE and I stumbled upon a problem.
Whilst learning Blueprints (in UE 5.3.2) I started using Shortcuts heavily (coming over from Blender).

A few days ago some of them just stopped working while I was in the middle of changing a blueprint. I can still add them via the RMB-Menu it’s just the shortcut that don’t want to work anymore.
They also disappeared from my Editor settings:

I located the BaseEditorPerProjectUserSettings.ini of the Editor and everything there seems normal from what I can tell (I compared them to the file of a friend).

I also checked that the Engine-Content is in the path the function is calling.

What seems weird to me is

• that the shortcuts which are now not working anymore, still work and appear in the settings in my older projects (from 1-2 weeks ago)

• the shortcuts do not appear/work in new blank projects but still work in new projects created from templates

• I installed 5.2.1 to see if they work and there it is the same: works if created from templates, doesn’t work if created from the blank template

• those which stopped working seem to be mostly from the StandardMacros BP Macro Library:

(In alphabetical order and seperated by working/not working):

I already tried everything I could find via google including:

• Restarting UE & PC
  • Verifying UE
  • Reinstalling UE
  • Disconnecting/deactivating every peripheral
  • Changing the entries in the .ini & saving (worked 1 single time for 1 session, now can’t be recreated)
  • Deleting the “Save” Folder of the projects

I am hoping for any advice what the problem might be or which settings/files I have to change to get back those shortcuts.
Since I am getting the same problem with another Engine Version, I am now wondering how those functions are called and if it has to do with some other component than the Engine itself.

Thanks in advance!

PS:
My specs (Laptop) are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
RAM: 32GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU

It’s getting even weirder.

I am now on my new System and I get the same problem. Still only in the blank file, not in any other template though.

My new specs (Tower PC) are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 7800X3D
RAM: G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR5-6000 (2x16 GB)
GPU: Nvidia RTX4070 ASUS ProArt RTX4070 12GB - OC

Does that mean that it’s some kind of account-related setting?

I’m now using Templates and delete the whole scene & additional content only. I still am frustrated by the bug though.

So if anyone has any clue whatsoever, still very glad to hear it :melting_face:

I should add that the problem only occurs in the Game>BlankBP / Blank C++ Templates only

Now also tried:

• Created new Account and created the blank project, no change
  • Created custom Template from
    1 duplicate of TP_FirstPersonBP → every shortcut works
    2 duplicate of TP_BlankBP → same bug
  • Installed Visual Studio and created new project from C++ Template → same bug
  • Created multiple other projects from every other blank template (Film, Architecture, Automotice, Sim) → every shortcut works
  • clean reinstalled Windows and Epic Games Launcher + Unreal Engine
  • Installed 5.0.3 and created blank project → same bug
  • Installed 4.27.2 and created blank project → every shortcut works

At this point I think the problem occurs when loading in the Open World Map.
Since I don’t know anything about coding and have no hints on how I can fix it whatsoever, I am still lost and angry.

So if you have ANY IDEAS WHATSOEVER PLEASE HELP ME. Thank you

I’ll just link those 2:

Wish I saw this thread before I replied… :innocent:

1 Like