Blueprint Ninja Challenge

Just wanted some clarification. I got the first email about the Blueprint Journeyman Badge. I completed the first course as stated by the email.

Do I have to wait for another email to complete the other courses? Or can I continue with the list that was posted in the original Blog post?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

One of the requirements to receive the swag is to agree to a “creator EULA”. And… I cant find a button to agree to the EULA. How do I accept the terms? Is it through installation of the launcher? I am away from my PC but I can figure something out if needed.

Thanks for your support

I got the same email HoLyCoW got. I finished the first course but didn’t get the Journeyman badge. The links to the next requirements don’t work. Clicking on Unreal Editor Fundamentals, Blueprint Kickstart, Blueprint Runtime Saving and Loading and Blueprints and Gameplay for Game Designers lead to a black screen and a cycling state like to page is attempting to resolve, but always fails. A search for Unreal Editor Fundamentals yields 4 different trainings. Only one of them is related to Blueprints. Do I need to do just that one, or all of them? Is anyone else encountering this issue?

1 Like

So since I didn’t get any responses, I went ahead and continued with the courses.

It’s been stated that you don’t get any notifications for getting the achievements, but you do get them. Make sure you check your Achievements page.

Also make sure that as you’re going through the courses, you get checkmarks on all the sections and not the half filled-in circles:

As for the links not working, I had a similar issue. To me it looked like something was going on with page redirection and it kept trying to log me out. Long-story short, close all your browser windows except one, go into your settings, clear your cookies and cache (if you know how to do it for just the epic/unreal sites, that would be good, otherwise you’ll probably just have to clear you cookies and cache for all sites). Once you’ve done that, close that last browser, then start up your browser again, and see if you can visit the links. They work for me from the original blog post here:

1 Like

The document actually states:

We’re required to COMPLY with it, but not necessarily AGREE to one (i.e. clicking on a button).

If there wasn’t one when you first signed up for the challenge (I can’t remember if there was or not), then there just isn’t one to click on. You just progress through the courses that they mention in the blog post:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I guess I should’ve signed up :roll_eyes:, but didn’t think I qualified for the event since we got no response before the deadline. Any way to still sign up and get the swag?

1 Like

From reading the rules of the challenge, I don’t believe you can still sign up to get the swag.

However, the main purpose of the challenge is to get people comfortable with Blueprints. So if you’re serious about learning Unreal Editor, you can still follow along all the courses and get the badges and add to your repertoire of knowledge.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Thanks for your attempt to help.

I’m definitely serious about learning UE, but time is a major limitation trying to become a solo developer. I thought the swag would be a nice motivation to review the courses I’ve already taken on Blueprints and take any additional I’ve missed. Sorry, but ‘badges’ aren’t enough of a motivation for an old guy like me. I already have 95 badges that seem pretty useless as it is. At this point I’ll just go over any Blueprint courses when necessary.

But I did learn that I need to just indiscriminately sign up for any challenge they have whether I think I qualify or not and let it sort itself out later. Yeehaw.

1 Like

This is exactly why I did sign up. I searched and asked around and couldn’t get an answer if I qualified, so I signed up anyway. Worst case scenario is disqualification, so why not?

1 Like

Yep, I apparently took entry rules too seriously and should have just done it (probably my age showing again). By the time I decided to just go ahead and sign up, it was the morning of the 12th, about 10 hours too late. I must have misread/remembered the official entry deadline… Oops.

I’m happy for you and those others who did get in on this regardless, don’t get me wrong. Just a bit disappointed in myself I didn’t jump on it earlier due to lack of response from anyone official. Live and learn, I guess.

I successfully registered to the challenge. Got my email and after a few days of the email I completed the full challenge in a day (~Friday last week). I have all the badges. Still no email about the swag which is perfectly normal, this is not the reason I wrote this… but today I got an email that I should work on my remaining 2 badges before they go back to vault. Is this normal? Anybody else got an email like this who completed the whole challenge?

2 Likes

Just got an email telling me to complete 2 courses to get a badge I have already achieved within this timeframe. Checking the achievements page shows that its earned. Weird.

Same situation for me. Completed the challenge, got all the badges.
But I think the new mail is some kind of general which goes out to every participant.

omg!! idk if iam gonna classified for swag LOL but really happy people here are learning UE and get the badges (hope so the swag too)!!

i have 1 year learning UE and really happy with it (Solo Developer here Q.Q).

congrazt to all and good day!!

PD: so many answers and only ask for the email (really happy with the community :heart:)

2 Likes

hi, is there a LIST somewhere of the courses this covers? i’ve looked and haven’t found anything and waiting for the ‘update emails’ is tedious when i have to wait to move forward…

1 Like

Hi @Ravencroft3D

@HoLyCoW provided a link to the Blueprint Ninja Challenge announcement.

2 Likes

I have received the same.
I have emailed them with screenshots, but no answer.

thank you, it did, i was only 1 course away and didn’t even know it.

***BUT has anyone else had a badge DISAPPEAR? i had journeyman, ninja and master BUT between yesterday and today journeyman disappeared. not sure how this will impact anything?

I received this email as well.