"Blueprint Multiplayer" Video Series is teaching a lot of wrong things

may you help me at the 15th tutorial

i done everything corrent as the tutorial but when i press “Start Session” it doesnt load the Arena01 but instead i just stay in the Lobby Map

• i got Seamless travel is checked
  • UE 4.15

I think ServerTravel is the proplem im facing here, not loading my Arena01

this is regular problem in this line of work. Really better technologies need to be developed to remedy this problem.

Sorry i didn’t get any notification from this form. its been long time i watched this tutorial so i cant really remember much and hopefully till now you were able to find the problem.
I wounder why Epic team is still silence about updating this series, we dont have much of official video to teach us the right way to network our game on UE4 and when we got this one it was gold so hopefully Epic fix it or somehow make a new series and teach us the right way to do replication in UE4.

So,did you find a solution at last?

Struggling to turn this series into a two team multiplayer with different spawns. I have tried anything. Any insight would be massive and really appreciated.

So any word on this? I would really love this series redone. We are currently on 4.21.2 and I haven’t seen a tutorial like this being made? I was using these tutorials to learn, update my knowledge about Networking but it seems half of it isn’t working and has been “thought” wrong.

@KillerSneak Thanks for the feedback! I’ve let Wes know about the request, and have also added the request (with a link to this thread) to our backlog. There’s a lot happening right now on our Online Learning site, with much more coming in the near future. Hopefully, we can publish something there that will address this issue, or perhaps a relevant sample.

Just wanted to drop by and share the joy of wasting countless hours into this tutorial, ending in much confusion around the topic. Please replace this tutorial series with a proper one or at least link to this thread in the video description. Having an official tutorial of 8h teaching outright wrong things about the engine mechanics is not acceptable in 2019!

• i hope u are not trying to run it in new editor window. The tutor had mentioned somewhere in the video that the seamless travel doesn’t work in PIE. U can only test it in a packaged built or using the standalone option from the editor play options. So if u play standalone you can get the server all the way upto the gameplay map. But for the 2nd player u will need a copy of the project to run its own standalone or make a build and use it as player 2.
  • i hope u are not trying to run it in new editor window. The tutor had mentioned somewhere in the video that the seamless travel doesn’t work in PIE. U can only test it in a packaged built or using the standalone option from the editor play options. So if u play standalone you can get the server all the way upto the gameplay map. But for the 2nd player u will need a copy of the project to run its own standalone or make a build and use it as player 2.

Thanks !!!

@Jim.Bradbury [USER=“7”] Wilson[/USER] Any update on this? The community really needs a new multiplayer tutorial.

Thanks for the ‘ping’, it helps us prioritize. We have a bug filed for this - it’s in our backlog, and is being actively triaged against other deliverables. We have recruited some additional help around here; so hopefully, we can beat back the backlog jungle a bit and free up one of the senior writers to tackle this. Unfortunately, there’s likely nothing coming out in the immediate future.

Why can’t you peeps at least take down this tutorial? It’s really more helpful to not have a tutorial that teaches wrong stuff.
I have users coming to the UnrealSlackers Discord Server, asking for help with totally broken code, just because they watched this tutorial.
Then I have to basically explain everything again and the tutorial wasn’t worth anything. I even had clients who started their prototype with this and we had to nuke most of the code.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will pass that along.

And another one bites the dust… I ended up here as well due to the confusion from the tutorial series on Youtube ! Many thanks to and Varto to summarize what was wrong or redundant. I did in fact not understand why we were using replicated variables in the Game Instance or why we were using RPC Server on the Gamemode.
Now I see that it is indeed useless to do so ! I’m reassured.

I think one of the good way to promote the wrong of this series would be to post the link of this thread in the comments of the first video). It would at least give people more advice to watch out the misleading actions.

I think it would take only 2 or 3 videos to redo in order to explain properly the process.

So, with all that being said, is there a decent and proper up-to-date Blueprint multiplayer tutorial available (from anyone, free or paid) ?

Is there any tutorial about multiplayer out there ?
Mark luttrell made a good one but he does not cover the join server - spawn/respawn - health - or game mode
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6L…kHIQs6xhEloSKA

Other tutorials were all a waste of time for m,e so the question is, is there any tutorial to cover the missing things ?

And of course, why the essential tutorial has to be made by a single person, who don’t even work for epic ?

if there are so many issues with this tutorial, why are people still religiously promoting this?