Blueprint Inventory System

Hey GregFTW,
there’s no “out of the box” functionality for something like wearable things but it should be very easy to add an inventory to your “wearable” items and then access it! Just ‘copy’ the BP in GenericContainer! What you might have to do is configure your widgets so that the inventories the user wears are displayed as you want them to!
For an item to have it’s own custom ‘use’ function, that’s almost ready too. Just open your BP and override the “use” function already implemented in GenericItem! Should be extremely easy!

I’ve already found Event Use :wink:

In TraceLook there is PickUpRange + 340, is this 340 needed for something or can i skip this value?
I can’t drop whole stack at once. Example: i have 10/10 rocks, i can drop at once 2/10 to 9/10 but not 10/10. If i select 10/10 i drop only 1 rock and 9 is left in my inventory.

In my project i already have my own character, is there some easy way to implement BPIS to my project and my character?

Hey, it’s connected in some ranges. Feel free to change the value or find the references and delete it!

Heh, that’s actually a small design choice I had to make so that I can show how both functions work. I understand that the drop capabilities are not suitable for everyone while they might be good for someone else. All the examples there are well commented and you easily change this function to drop everything.
(There’s a branch that says that if all items are selected treat them like you would if no stack selection was made!)

Actually if you go to the last post of the first page (post #40) you can read how to implement the inventory system to your existing character. It should be quite easy! :slight_smile:

It would be awesome if you could add in a hotbar/action bar feature.

Does anyone know exactly how to add it to already existing third person project ?

I had to copy&paste Content folder from Epic Games/Launcher/VaultCache/InventorySystem47comp/data to my project Content folder
Pozdro :wink:

@OP
Has Unlimited Slots and Has Unlimited Weight on PlayerInventory is not working. I have made new project with just BPIS to test this with no luck.

Hey everyone!

Hey, I have this in my mind but I am not sure if it would work for everyone! Shouldn’t be very hard for someone knowing BPs to implement it though!

We worked this out with wielkiczarnyafgan but for anyone looking for info check the last post of the first page (post #40) that explains it!

Hey actually have you looked in the showcase level? One of the inventories (the drop-box I think) has both these features! You should check how it works! Actually it’s quite easy you just have to make an inventory and check those options in it’s default page! If you can’t find a solution please post again and I will be a little more specific!

I’m in InventoryShowcase. Text over barrels says that they should have different properties, but all barrels have the same behavior and content, there is no difference between them (BarrelInventory: Max Weight 150, Max slots 10, 1rock, all Inventory Properties ON) but none of them are “infinite” even if BarrelInventory have “Has Unlimited Slots and Has Unlimited Weight” checked.

Huh, yeah for some reason I’ve added the wrong inventory on that last barrel! No worries, just Go to InventorySystem->Blueprints->Inventory system->Inventories and there’s an inventory called “DropBoxInventory”. This is also the one that’s dropped when you drop a stack in the ground!
Try changing the inventory of the middle barrel to that:
(removed to keep thread cleaner - check attachments)
and see the difference on those inventories :slight_smile:

This works ONLY for DropBoxInventory, does not work for BarrelInventory and PlayerInventory. They are all Child of GenericInventory, so why Has Unlimited Slots and Weight works only for DropBoxInventory? Shouldnt they work for every Child of GenericInventory?

Ehm , that’s because they have the checkboxes ticked in their default panels…

PlayerInventory is just a name I’ve given them. As explained in the showcase for every different kind of inventory you should create a child of genericInventory.
In your case if you want to just change the player’s inventory just open the BP up and check the relevant checkboxes :slight_smile:

Yes of course and I have checked those boxes for BarrelInventory and for PlayerInventory, and they are not working as I posted in my first post today…

Yeah, ehm, actually my bad since specifically the player’s inventory defaults are overridden in player’s event begin play!
Just change it there and it should be fixed :slight_smile:
52b2cd3fefb979d7d833feba4512af4fad707f68.jpeg
Sorry for the confusion!

Ohhh, right, now i feel stupid :stuck_out_tongue:
I think that i have found bug, i have lost my LEGENDARY Sword :wink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm2vVVghh0w&feature=youtu.be

Huh, not the legendary one :((
haha!
No worries I will fix it! Stuff like that is easy to miss!

Hallo, This is Grate System but i have trouble to add some Functions …

First: I would Love to See Item description Inside Inventory when i hover my mouse over the item it would be cool if then Description Box showed up with Item name , Description and Values or make it on left Button press in menu and show Description Box. As i think when you Pick up item you can only Show limited info in that Info Box what is happening when item is Targeted but i and many others love to write long descriptions about items … I found some BP function about On-hovered with some info that need to show up like item Number and something else but it is not working it only shows Split Buttons no Item number no Name …

Second: I would love to see a Button X in corner so i can close my Inventory and all other inventory’s and adding to this it would be Good if you move some amount away from Barrel or DropBox they Close by them self as now i can just Open Barrel Run True all my level and just collect items and put them in Barrel as long as i dont close it is still usable.

Third: I sure back up idea about Action bar for 123456 keys ore something like that because i was trying to make my own but i cant seem to Drag your items in my Box i think i m missing something and it would be cool to have such a feature … I understand that Equipment window is not Related to Inventory as you think but that would be good addition too as it is not so easy to reuse all thous Blueprints as they all are really connected and just to modifie something you need to jump from one to other …

And about updates … i would love to see some notification or something when you update your system and Point Out what functions in what Blueprints are updated as i Tottaly integrated your system in my Project so It will not be so easy just to copy new things In folder … i will need to add them by hand i m Fine with that but just i would love to know what is new and fixed so i can easy just rewrite thous functions to my Project …

So far GenericItem works Grate i implemented my own Gun System and used your GenericItem For my BaseGunClass and BaseMeleeClass and they work Fine
Only problem i run in is that i cant enable Raycast on my Guns as Gun Shoots Rays from Socket in gun and if use that it keep shooting in to itself and when i disable ray cast visibility i cant Pick up items anymore so i switched to Boxinventory on all items now even when i drop one item i have Special Lootbox on ground so i can put items in Inventory from box …

In overall system is really good from all othere inventory systems i tested so far. :slight_smile: Keep Up Good work

Hey man! Excellent feedback, thank you!

1. I will have a look on making an “OnHover” description for the inventory items! I am not sure what method you tried but I think I can make it work if you are interested!
  2. An X button in the inventory was in my original plans but I found it wasn’t looking good. It’s extremely easy to add one though! Open the UMG window and add a button and just bind in to either close inventory or clearing the external inventory (depending on if you are closing your inventory or the barrel). :slight_smile:
  3. I see that a lot of people need an action bar so I am going to queue it up for the next update! :slight_smile:

By the way I always post update change logs either here or in my website’s blog! I can’t really send a notification since there’s not such system integrated in the marketplace yet!

Thanks again! Keep the feedback coming!

hi im looking at this at a new purchase and was wondering if, this has built in functionality to make the inventory in List mode? like Skyrim, Dying light type games?

examples:

Skyrim – Click HERE

and Dying light - (More so this) Click HERE

thanks for your time!

How much I worked with this system … From my view you can make what ever Looks you wanna … The Inventory System is the Core System that stores your Items and allow to use them, Swap them and that is Ready for multiplayer all systems work Grate and im using this system myself …
But you are asking The Visual Thing in your case is List style so if you understand UMG and Blueprints (not beginner level need more advanced understanding ) you can Do what style you want because Core is not Visual thing … the Visual thing what is in this Project is just for Prototyping and showcase .
I highly suggest this system as it is really Good Core for Inventory and works well in Single player and Network …
I tested lots of systems before i got this one and i can confirm this is so far most working inventory system out there if you dont wanna make your own one.
Cheers