[BLOCKER] Project will not upload with more then ~67k actors in a level

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor For Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

World Building

Summary

After reaching around 65k actors in our large open world map, the session will fail to launch with the reason [C:/Users/…/AppData/Local/UnrealEditorFortnite/Intermediate/ValkyrieUploadTemp/…/…zip] from module staging, Error[FileCountTooLarge]
i feel like this might be important to fix if epic plans to create battle royale seasons in UEFN.

Steps to Reproduce

-Create a large scale map with over 67-70k actors with world streaming enabled
-try to launch a session

Expected Result

-be able to launch a session

Observed Result

-UEFN Validation fails, or it crashes with the reason [C:/Users/…/AppData/Local/UnrealEditorFortnite/Intermediate/ValkyrieUploadTemp/…/…zip] from module staging, Error[FileCountTooLarge]

Platform(s)

PC

The status of FORT-768724 incident has been moved from ‘In Progress’ to ‘Ready for QA’. Resolution Reason: ‘Fixed’

I am also having this issue. please let me know when/if you find the exact limit.
perhaps it is 65,536 as that is 2^16??

That sounds around where the issue happens, yeah. Don’t have an exact number.

I know this is being looked at, I’ll check on status.

1 Like

This will be fixed in a future update.

2 Likes

your mileage may vary but I’m certain it’s either 65,536 or 65,535 right now – I am now able to Launch Session after deleting some unnecessary actors in my level that players will never see and getting beneath that 65,53X limit

thank you @Flak !

Flak please also be aware that there is a similar issue with a limit on the amount of changes that can be checked in. I think that artificial limit is ~100,000 changes. Once you get to this point, any attempt to check in changes will fail after seemingly hitting 100% on the progress bar. Failure code says TooManyFiles or TooManyChanges if I remember correctly

I also have this issue as I’m making a large project. It doesn’t exactly crash at 65,53x for me, I can add like 200 more to that at maximum.