[Blocker] [Critical] Cannot connect to server for days. Fortnite CRASH, Cannot Launch Session. Getting FAILURE and FATAL messages in outlog.

Reference ID

0cb5c521-468b-09c9-0939-0b9aab845b99

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Summary

QueryServiceStatus request failed, Message=Connection to the server failed, Raw=connection_failure, Failed to sync project PlunderTheCaves with content service, LogValkyrieActivityTracker: Warning: None → Fail Activity: PlunderTheCaves - Failed to sync project info with content service. Error: Connection to the server failed.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Launch Session
  2. Fails
  3. Project size is at 94%
  4. Have not added anything to the map, cell memory is at 80,000
  5. Fatal Error, Crtitcal Error, Blocker, I am unable to launch a session with the fortnite editor.
  6. The package is looking for files my antivirus deleted from the Programfiles\Epicgames\Fortnite\localization folder is empty
  7. I need somebody to help me please.
    To Attempt fixing this issue
  8. Uninstalled Fortnite, Uninstalled UEFN, Relocated Project Folder, deleted project, restored older file from revision control, synced project, deleted level, tested EVERYTHING. Hit Launch Session. FAIL> Nothing works.

Expected Result

When following the steps above, I should be able to lauch a session. Or when restoring a project with revision control, or reinstalling fortnite, the folders in AppData or Program Files should be repopulated. Does this mean my game is completely broken forever?

Observed Result

Fortnite Crashes every time I press “Launch Session” in UEFN. I can open Fortnite in any other project it works. This one it stopped working for no apparent reason.

Platform(s)

WINDOWS

Island Code

2354-4963-5836

Additional Notes

LogOnline: Warning: MCP: Http Unexpected Result: HttpResult: 0 Code: 0 Error: Failure ErrorCode=errors.com.epicgames.online.generic.connection_failure, Message=Connection to the server failed., Raw=connection_failure
LogValkyrie: Syncing project PlunderTheCaves with content service took 600.03 sec
LogValkyrie: Error: Failed to sync project PlunderTheCaves with content service:
Failure ErrorCode=errors.com.epicgames.online.generic.connection_failure, Message=Connection to the server failed., Raw=connection_failure
LogValkyrieSummary: Project PlunderTheCaves failed to update
LogValkyrieActivityTracker: Warning: None → Fail Activity: PlunderTheCaves - Failed to sync project info with content service. Error: Connection to the server failed.
LogValkyrie: Unable to play: Validation failed
LogValkyrieActivityTracker: Warning: Upload → Fail Activity: UploadProjects - All uploads failed with errors
LogHttp: Warning: Timeout on retry 1: https://content-service.bfda.live.use1a.on.epicgames.com/api/content/v2/module/2705f0c6-49c4-10ff-b18b-1c9e1c0b06c6/version/362/status
LogOnline: Warning: MCP: Http Unexpected Result: HttpResult: 0 Code: 0 Error: Failure ErrorCode=errors.com.epicgames.online.generic.connection_failure, Message=Connection to the server failed., Raw=connection_failure
LogOnline: Warning: MCP: QueryServiceStatus request failed. Service query already in progress.
LogOnlineAccount: Warning: [UOnlineAccountCommon::OnQueryServiceStatusComplete] Unknown service status return from service availability - lightswitch service down or other unexpected error. Allowing play to continue if client previously saw UP response.
LogValkyrie: UEFN Bug Report Metadata:
LogValkyrie: ReportId: 0cb5c521-468b-09c9-0939-0b9aab845b99
LogValkyrie: EpicAccountId: 71d6d817afc84e868fef3e5d0f13e663
LogValkyrie: LoginId: 8750ab054c49b46d1c7d2586f521b2db
LogValkyrie: GameSessionId:
LogValkyrie: ProjectId: 6455cc10-4532-b6c9-44ff-caaa1b9dc67b

Screenshot 2024-02-15 043713

Now THIS!image

LogValkyrie: Syncing project PlunderTheCaves with content service took 600.33 sec
LogValkyrie: Error: Failed to sync project PlunderTheCaves with content service:
Failure ErrorCode=errors.com.epicgames.online.generic.connection_failure, Message=Connection to the server failed., Raw=connection_failure
LogValkyrieSummary: Project PlunderTheCaves failed to update
LogValkyrieActivityTracker: Warning: None → Fail Activity: PlunderTheCaves - Failed to sync project info with content service. Error: Connection to the server failed.
LogValkyrie: Unable to play: Validation failed
LogValkyrieActivityTracker: Warning: Upload → Fail Activity: UploadProjects - All uploads failed with errors
LogOnline: Warning: MCP: QueryServiceStatus request failed. Service query already in progress.
LogOnlineAccount: Warning: [UOnlineAccountCommon::OnQueryServiceStatusComplete] Unknown service status return from service availability - lightswitch service down or other unexpected error. Allowing play to continue if client previously saw UP response.
LogHttp: Warning: Timeout on retry 1: https://content-service.bfda.live.use1a.on.epicgames.com/api/content/v2/module/2705f0c6-49c4-10ff-b18b-1c9e1c0b06c6/version/362/status
LogSourceControl: Warning: RunCommandInternalRaw(project status lite): Errors = ‘Unreal Revision Control is not logged in (using expired token).’
SourceControl: Error: Connection Error: Unreal Revision Control is not logged in (using expired token).
SourceControl: Error: Unreal Revision Control is not logged in (using expired token).
LogSourceControl: Warning: RunCommandInternalRaw(project status lite): Errors = ‘Unreal Revision Control is not logged in (using expired token).’
SourceControl: Error: Connection Error: Unreal Revision Control is not logged in (using expired token).
SourceControl: Error: Unreal Revision Control is not logged in (using expired token).
LogOnline: Warning: MCP: QueryGameAccess request failed to start. HTTP request already pending for game access

I started having the same today, after replacing a lot of textures with lower resolution to optimize my project. I was on 109% project size, with HLODs enabled and world streaming enabled.

If something seems similar to your case, maybe we can figure out the culprit
UnrealEditorFortnite-Win64-Shipping_7jH6R0T0Mx
9YaxowmB6r

1 Like

We’re looking into this.

1 Like

For anyone seeing this issue please try disabling Firewall/Antivirus to see if that works.

2 Likes

Alright, so the fix for me was the following:

I use Avast antivirus, so I had to exclude the following folder from the file shield:
“C:\Users<YOUR PC USERNAME>\AppData\Local\UnrealEditorFortnite”

Type it on the advanced exception, under folder:
AvastUI_QPV54VS5QQ

(you ll get a warning, I pressed next)

1 Like

Thanks @Wertandrew so smart indeed :slight_smile: thanks support @HalcyonKnight96 ! my antivirus! It was the dark side.