For about a year now we’ve been developing a tactical single-player FPS in the style of SWAT 4. BLISTER is the amalgamation of room-based tactical shooters like Doorkickers or Rainbow Six: Las Vegas with nearly every Jason Statham movie ever.
It’s a tactical singleplayer shooter set during a modern reimagining of the English Civil Wars, blending tense FPS combat with strategic planning.
Players assume the role of Agent One and command your NPC officers through a series of challenging counter-terrorist operations, from raiding insurgent strongholds to resolving hostage standoffs and defusing bombs.
Use a reconnaissance drone to scout rooms, identify targets and assign your unit to different roles like warpieces on a gameboard before executing your plan in dramatic FPS combat.
Use a host of lethal and non-lethal weaponry to subdue, incapacitate or eliminate your aggressors. Use psychological tactics to cajole combatants into giving up their weapons or engage in a full-frontal assault, leaving no man standing.
BLISTER is a counter-terrorism sandbox and the choice is yours to play as fair-mindedly or ruthlessly as you please. Uphold the law or break the Geneva Convention—it’s up to you.
- Lead an elite firearms team through various missions, sieges and hostage rescues
- Conduct missions in 10 levels set in locations throughout the UK, from abandoned offices, council estates and power plants to countryside mansions, slaughterhouses and oil rigs
- Choose from 50+ lethal and non-lethal weapons together with a diverse assortment of gadgets and grenades
- Customise your weapons and BLISTER agents with attachments, skins and armour types with a weight-based loadout system—whether you go in wearing black, winter camo or pink, we won’t judge
- Blast from the past: fight against the Roundheads, Ironsides and the fearsome Barons in our absurd reinterpretation of British history
- Police Mode: the story-based mode with predefined objectives and a limited selection of real-life counter-terrorism gear
- Assault Mode: unlock Assault to expose the entire level and its enemies to your control, sandbox-style, with BLISTER’s full range of awesome and ridiculous weaponry
What is item_42? We are two brothers who are just regular brothers, running in a van in an asteroid…/del paragraph/ We are brothers from the South Coast of England and we are excited to show you our progress on BLISTER as we learn more about UE4 and game development along the way. It is a learning exercise, but one that is shaping out to be very fun to play and we are starting to take it very seriously. We’ve recorded our current progress in a couple of videos below. There’s plenty more progress to be had and we look forward to sharing it with you. So far all the gameplay has been made in blueprints rather than traditional programming. It’s possible we’ll switch to using some C++ code but for now we’re seeing how far we can take it with just blueprints.
Bro #1’s responsibility is primarily art (2D and 3D assets), level design and story/narrative. Bro #2’s responsibility on BLISTER is gameplay, 3D assets and animation.
We also have a Greenlight trailer, please vote for us on Greenlight!