Blender to UE4, slightly disturbed texture/mesh

Hi guys, I’m having a weird problem since a few days. I’m having a large mesh (the hull of a ship) and I textured it in Blender. To visualize the problem a bit better I’ve drawn a big red cross on the side of the hull (see 1st screenshot below)…

When I import the mesh & texture into UE4, and add the texture to the ship’s hull material, things are still looking good in the material editor (material applied to a cube, see 2nd screenshot). The texture itself also looks perfectly fine in UE4.

But when I apply the material to the ship’s hull mesh, the texture get’s slightly disturbed, the straight lines aren’t perfectly straight anymore (see screenshot #3).

At the moment I’m pretty sure that the mesh itself somehow get’s disturbed slightly when it’s exported from Blender (FBX), or imported into UE4, and then the UV map doesn’t fit perfectly anymore.
I’ve already tried to triangulate the entire mesh in Blender, to avoid that UE4 needs to do that conversion, but that didn’t change anything…

Would be glad if someone had an idea what could be happening here, I’ve tried everything I could think of at the moment…

Thanks a lot!! :slight_smile: