Blendable Settings Compile Error

Hi. I’m here to report a bug / request an alternative solution.

I’m trying to make a PostProcess blendable material that I can modify at runtime to change some parameters, following a model presented by some past guides on here (this one particularly How to Edit Post Process Material Parameter - Blueprint - Unreal Engine Forums). However, as the engine has changed, the old system doesn’t work exactly the same.

Now, if I want to set the blendables for my PostProcess components’ Settings, I have to check the ‘Blendables’ option to make the pin appear. However, if I select that option - no matter what I do to mess with it - the blueprint will be unable to compile, saying 'the native property is not tagged as BlueprintReadWrite, the pin will be removed in a future release."

http://puu.sh/lM6xb/fbe3e21d2f.png

This completely prevents me from being able to do what I need to do and I can’t find any alternate solution that appears to work. I am reporting this because it’s very frustrating that this compile error is preventing me from doing something that could be done in earlier versions, and thus hoping this could be fixed at some point. Also I would very much appreciate any advice as to how to workaround this to get the effect that I need.

Hi DylanBrady -

EDIT: There is a new Function called Add or Update Blendable which allows you to adjust the settings of a blendable. Since it is newer, you might have to turn off Context Sensitivity to search for it. This is the new and intended way to deal with Blendables.

This issue does appear to be an issue and I have asked our engineers to take a look at it as UE-24178. As soon as I know more I will post back here.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Thanks very much Eric! I appreciate you reporting this and a fix type of situation making it into 4.10.1
I’ll post back here if there are any problems that arise but otherwise, thanks for your help!