Black screen upon interacting with editor UI with -dx12

Booting the 4.22 editor in DX12 mode causes entire editor to go black upon interacting with UI (selecting entity to view it’s properties, etc).

Win 10x64 1809

NVIDIA “Game Ready” driver ver 425.11 (DCH variant)

DXDiag

I actually tried to submit a bug through that form but it loops with a spinning icon permanently upon clicking “Submit Bug Report”

I also tried multiple browsers so i’m not sure what’s wrong there.

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

The same happens to me, here is video Unreal engine DX12 bug - YouTube

I have Nvidia driver 430.39 and GTX 1080

Resize editor windows helps for few seconds, it is impossible to turn DX12 back off.

I tried to turn off Nvidia IN-GAME OVERLAY and it doesn’t help.

I was able to submit a bug report to the official reporting URL.

Was a solution ever found for this bug? I have the exact same issue. Running on a RTX 2080 ti. 430.86 studio driver.

Personally i never found a solution to this.

Enabling “Ray Tracing Debug” under Show → Developer → Ray Tracing Debug solves the issue. However, it also makes the lighting in the “Lit” view mode extremely dark and unresponsive to positional changes, as it normally does. I have not found a better solution for the viewport being black, and I have not found any solution for the lighting issue when Ray Tracing Debug is enabled.

I’m not able at least reach this setting, because of the issue itself. All menus are unreadable even if the screen is for short time nonblack. But nobody from developers was able to reproduce it yet.

I just installed the latest NVIDIA drivers (430.86) as a clean install, restarted Windows and it looks that problem is gone so far.

Editor is still getting black! GTX 2070 4.25+

A user posted this fix in the video comment section that user ATomCZ1 posted. You need to turn off MFAA in your nVidia control panel. Fixed it for me. Sad to see that this bug is still around though!