Binding Groom to Skeletal Mesh - Bind Asset not attaching to component

I’m having an issue with binding an imported groom asset to a skeletal mesh. While the groom itself can be successfully placed into the slot within the groom component, the Binding Asset does not seem to want to work as, no matter how many times I tried to slot it in, it refuses to actually replace the “None” data. Is there a step I’m missing? Something regarding the Physics Asset maybe?

Seems your groom hair asset is too small. Try to import it with 100 or 1000 scale, then rescale it manually in viewport

Thank you for the response.

But I have to ask, what does the scaling have to do with the binding asset? The groom itself is fine, it’s just the binding asset refuses to enter the slot.

For now we’ve fixed the issue by completely skipping the binding asset entirely and attaching it to the skeleton. However, I would like to know if there are any better ways of doing this still.

I don t know)) But in my expirience it works) I prefer to export groom with scale that will match my character in ue4, and binding asset will be attaching to slot.

Hey did you ever solve this issue? I’m having the same issue, I can create the groom bind but it won’t accept it in the groom bind slot, I’ve just attached it to the head bone currently but don’t know what the difference is and don’t know why it won’t accept it. It works with an original asset I have but not with my custom hair.
Thanks

Any news? I’m having the same issue. My binding asset won’t get accepted into the groom.

Same issue. Works fine in 4.26 but not in 5. Maybe there’s been a change in there?

Hey guys, sorry for not responding. We never did solve the issue, but decided to completely bypass it by simply attaching the groom to the bone. This solution works for our purpose, but I am not sure if it will work for yours as I am not sure of what the difference may be with or without a groom bind asset.

I guess that’s a scale issue. as NICK25672 says. when I imported the groom asset with 1 scale, the slot rejected it. but with 100 scale worked.

Try moving the hairs away or closer to your target mesh. What I think solved my issues is that the hairs root points wasn’t detecting the mesh. I hope this solves your problem.

Reimporting the groom asset at 100 scale just gives me a giant hair asset that no longer attaches to my binding