Best Practice UE4 Guide/Hints

As a person that’s ad it’s up and down and could call himself a successful UE4 user I’d like to share daily tips on how to use UE4. Now,my goal was to achieve top quality and do the best you’re able to do,therefore “I’ll be very blunt”. I’ll try to update this on weekdays. My not seem fun but I believe this best practice guide is well worth to get you in the correct mindset

1. This is something I actually did, I put down UE4 and started to think about what level I wanted to reach and goals, I stopped using the Engine and studied hard in the Computer Scientist area to become a successful coder! Returning with full knowledge was a lil rocky but extremely rewarding to know what I was doing.

-My Return after taking a step back and studying everything I need to know…Then taking a step back again to learn more
https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm…l-legal-issues
Ton of issues and questions like you probably

-My Actual return!!!
-Here’s me return after reading a ton of books,studying courses everyday and working hard. I actually think the time frame is off I think I started studying in summer 2015. A ton of ups and downs courses I thought was pure garbage and manipulative trust me I left reviews…So I feel I come as a lot of people who’s in Unreal Engine… If you want to be successful I really suggest you follow my best practice guide. I studies for a year going through horrible courses,books, and finding the good ones and information. Now studying I literally woke up started to study for hours and hours until I slept most times. Combing through faulty information and good. For someone who’s been their I think this word of advice is golden. Leaving and returning after a year or so of studying was a extremely rewarding experience. A lot of you are probably young also pace yourself. You know what because I actually truly love gaming was the most rewarding experience of my life it was so much fun and I was like wow finally I can do it!!!:o
https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve…e-of-questions

I’ve created my own game trust me I know what I’m doing
https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm…ta-playstation

-Lesson Put your heart into it. You can do it!!!

EXPECT DELAYS:
Where to begin? Where to begin?
First, I was developing on steam because at the time I couldn’t afford PlayStation hardware and I knew I wouldn’t be able to possible test a garbage heap on Sony. I stuck with my thoughts keep developing at the best of my ability and now I’m with Sony.

Second,Lightning literally destroyed all the appliances in my house and neighbors. Luckily, I always un plugged my computer during lighting then the big one came. Whew, I would of been done!!! Cooked over!!! finico!!! Game over…

Third, It was literally raining and lighting almost everyday with hurricanes that cost me like 6-8 months.

And lets not forget art but I’ll save that for another lesson.

Hardware constraints and just over all money issue.

The point of this if you happen to hit road bumps plan accordingly and keep going,do what you can do now!!!

I’ve created my own game trust me I know what I’m doing
https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm…ta-playstation

-While I was developing on steam Picture- I had the dedicated servers working around the date of that post,related to steam good right?

Quality: Try your best and do your best and know you’re selling a quality product.

Even to this day If I use a website like 3g trader I Receive this all the time even from professionals with over 100,000 sells. Have thee tangets and broken normals xyz. Theirs a ton of information on coding on the internet but 3d modeling was kinda hard because I had to figure things out myself to create professional models that never give errors in Unreal Engine. It was a cool accomplishment. I believe each map I made wasn’t random and took about a month to think about it now with ps5 my fulll Ideas are ready to produce. Lightmaps xyz, geez so annoying. I didn’t want to go modular so yeah.

Do you best and be proud of your work!

So what’s better to use in Unreal, MikkT Space or the built-in?

Either import your tangents or use MikkTSpace. MikkTSpace is the industry standard, it is what every content authoring app is using now. I’m not even sure what the built-in tangent basis is, but if it is based on what was in UDK then I would avoid it at all costs. Even in UDK eventually it became best practice to import tangents rather than use the built-in generation

I have to go back and check on the Mikk t space thing but the rest means you have bad topology on your geometry. I’d like to note the work I put in paid off because If I ever wanted to use destruction or so on I have clean topology. That could be reused I think this one game explained on their upgraded version how they basically Shadow of the Colossus reused their old assets. If you have clean topology it pays for the long run. More likely to run into a frozen apex destruct issue or so on. Or whatver in the future wants clean mathmatics to work on and something is dodgy. Do it right It’ll pay off!!

Imagine you release a big game and put a ton of work into. now runtime dynamic destruction is a thing but now the errors you produced, it wont work well. And spend weeks hours or a ton of money remaking everything. or now no remake

Honestly, I think that’s it basically to set you goals and your best and make something you’ll be proud of. Think about your situation manage and take time in what you do to learning the insides out and so on. What that in mind follow these goals and stick to them you’ll do amazing things!!!