Best practice for VR stained glass

Hey,

I am looking for the best way to create baked stained glass that doesn’t require transparency/translucent materials.

Ideally I am looking for a way to have the glass colour affect the environment, as in this image (not mine):

https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/image/gif;base64

I’ve been doing some research and I’ve found a few possibilities, but they seem to require translucency or dynamic lighting. One method is the using multiple light functions with dynamic lights to get the lighting:

Translucency:

What would technically be the best way to go about this that would produce optimal results and performance for VR?

I could fake it with decals but there may be areas where it needs to be projected onto something other than a flat surface, so it will lead to far from optimal results. I’d like to be able to get some kind of coloured light rays (although not necessary), so I assume I’d need some kind of light coming from the direction of the window to produce these?

So far I’ve attempted to do it with 3 R,G and B light functions but this seemed to only work with dynamic lights.

Ill have to do some tests with translucency to see what performance is like, but if anyone has any suggestions for how to do it without please let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance