I’ve readed about some request on this but nothing done yet.
I’ve found some aproaches:
· Apply it on a material and use lightmass to calc the light but the quality seems not to bee so good.
· Light volumes but they seem to be stop developed so is not a good path to take.
· Focus a light on a plane, that’s ok but the light shape coming from a cone is a circle, anyway not too bad option.
· Make a grid of cylindrical lights, good one but you’ll get areas with more light than others and they emit for both sides.
· There are some post from 2014 speaking about a future implementation of basic shape based lights but no updated.
Obviously my intention is to have anykind of area light as is done in V-Ray, Mental Ray, Thea,Corona, Maxwell etc.
Any other idea?